Traveled to Los Lagos with my husband and children (11,8,7). I wasn't expecting much from Los Lagos, in fact we changed our itinerary last minute to spend two nights at a different Arenal hotel and in retrospect I wish we had stayed at Los Lagos all three nights. We arrived at Los Lagos after 12 hours of traveling so we were all pretty tired. The grounds are lovely and the volcano views are quite nice (although we did not see lava). Our room was up a very steep hill as I guess most rooms are so be prepared for challenging steep uphill hikes. The pools there are great, my children loved them. There are 3 slides, 2 for the cooler pools and one into the volcano heated pool. The place is very well maintained and clean. The slides are really fast, scary fast. We spent our first evening in the pools and had a nice dinner at the restaurant. Food was better than we expected it would be. The next morning we enjoyed the breakfast that was included in our rate (eggs and pancakes cooked to order). Dined with the Toucans and Hummingbirds and the volcano in the distance, great way to start the day. After breakfast we enjoyed exploring the grounds. They have a few crocodiles, turtles a great butterfly garden and a wonderful leaf cutter ant colony. After the exploration it was back to the pool for more fun on the slides. You get a lot for your money at Los Lagos, its a great Arenal hotel pretty close to town that my kids loved. The rooms are pretty spartan although everything is brand new. We did have one glitch, the air conditioning unit which is high up on the wall above the counter where our luggage was leaked all night long so we woke up to a suitcase of wet clothes, which was a pain as nothing dries in Costa Rica. Oh well, we dealt with it and would definitely return to this fun place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos