We drove around a bit, checking out rooms and prices. We settled on Los Lagos. Big mistake. Bed uncomfortable. At first ac did not work, then it blasted and could not adjust. Tv only had one speaker so you could not understand a thing. One light in bathroom, missing a bulb. One small mirror in bathroom. Supposed to use phone to get shuttle, but phone broken. No wifi on grounds and very slow in lobby. Breakfast food was mediocre, however dining hall is nice. Most staff friendly except for front desk. Hot springs are fine and so was pool. Great views and lovely landscaping. Should have opted for places down the road. They seemed cheaper and nicer. Place could use some updating and some fixing up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos