We booked this hotel because it was very near the Arenal volcano (along with awesome panoramic views) and had pools fed by hot springs. It also wasn't costing a fortune. What we didn't know was that it was spread out over 15-20 acres of beautiful grounds that also included a butterfly sanctuary (they also had a couple of crocodile pens). The place was full of beautiful birds and interesting iguanas - best viewed in and around the open-aired dining area (a lovely buffet breakfast was also included). The many thermal pools were amazing - and beautifully warm. And of course the main one had a fun bar area. We discovered that people came here for the day from other hotels - and now we know why. It was a wonderful welcome to Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos