The place is certainly clean and I will admit my kids LOVED the water slides, the pools, and the crocodiles. But from a seasoned adult traveler's point of view, the rooms were very out of date - the place seems like it hasn't been renovated since 1980 ... the food is sub-par ... and sorry to say it, but I could have stayed in the Poconos if I wanted a kiddie hotel with water slides. Nothing special about the place at all. The walls are paper-thin; I had to listen to the guy next door snoring ALL NIGHT! Also the front desk staff was so unfriendly it bordered on hostile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos