We stayed here as part of an Arenal/Monteverde overnight 2 day tour from Papagayo area the week of April 18th.
The hotel service was friendly and prompt.
The rooms were nice, nice marble top bathroom, and plasma TV - beds were 2 queen sized ones and were great to sleep on.
That about covers what I would expect from an overnight rest stop and in this respect it did not dissapoint.
Now for the amazing parts that were completely unexpected and of great value.
This place has it's own zip line, horse stables, Volcano observation area, ant farm, aquarium, a few large fish stocked ponds, crocodiles, butterfly building, tropical gardens.
They also have hot spring pools - several of them in a row - slides, and pools plus a swim up bar and more, oh a spa too (though we did not use it)
The restaurant had excellent quality food for both dinner and breakfast.
The only downer was the steep hill to the restaurant, the internal shuttle is new/clean and fairly prompt, but inconvenient - wee walked up at night and got to see fireflies everywhere it was cool.
This hotel was better than our all inclusive for the week in almost every respect - a fantastic surprise.
Now the view - OMG it was a crystal clear morining, after a dissapointing cloudy night and no lava view :( - the views in the morning were simply the best ever - picturesque - so close to the volcano, and so lush with plant life.
I would not hesitate to stay here for a few days if I return to Costa Rica, the location is also decent to get around the general area and there is enough stuff just onsite to take up a full day to two of activity - the area nearby also has pleanty to see.
I have added a few pics. Enjoy them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos