Los Lagos Hotel definitely deserves a higher ranking on TripAdvisor. This place is WAY more than a hotel. For a very reasonable nightly rate, you get access to all kinds of cool stuff. Numerous swimming and hot pools, crocodiles, ant farm, butterfly garden, random iguana sightings and so much more!
I've read some negative reviews here about this hotel and virtually all of them seem to come from people who didn't even STAY at the hotel but simply came in for the nature exhibits and pools. Somebody made a comment about paying for a lost towel. Big deal! They made it very clear to us when we checked to take care and NOT lose our towels. Fair enough. So if you come here or stay here, just be careful with your towel. If you lose it, don't come crying about it on TripAdvisor.
My girlfriend and I absolutely loved the breakfast at Los Lagos. It's a full buffett with TONS of options. Omelet bar with the works! Plus lots of fruit, gallo pinto, and other tasty selections to fill you up. While we stayed at Los Lagos, we filled up on the breakfast and were never hungry again until dinner time. To each their own, of course, but the breakfast is a great feature of this hotel.
The hot pools are amazing here. Our first night we enjoyed the pools for about an hour and then had a beer at the bar. About 15 minutes into our time at the bar, the Arenal Volcano went off! Lava burst from the top and started flowing down the side. AMAZING EXPERIENCE! We had a great view of the volcano during the mini-eruption and throughout our entire stay.
Our second day, we took advantage of the spa services and splurged a bit. It was completely worth it. The spa services were phenomenal. Flory was my masseuse and she did a number on my legs. I've NEVER had such a great massage. Awesome, awesome, awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos