Definitely the feel of a resort with a staging ground for adventure. A family of sloths were hanging out in great view in the two trees near the restaurant along with a few friendly dogs roaming around the grounds. The staff were friendly and accommodating especially after we decided to upgrade rooms at an additional $40 per night as their standard room doesn't come with a safe (thought that was weird.) Each unit has their own driveway which was impressive and convenient. The room had a stiff bed, but we still slept comfortably. There was a tv, but no wifi in the room. The cleaning lady always folded our towels on our bed into cute, but quite elaborate animals (we were quite impressed.) The front door has electronic locks and we had a nice little porch. There were really tiny (harmless) bugs along the countertop that were easily removed with some "OFF" bug spray. The occasional ant wandered in from under the door which should have a skirt at the bottom. At night you could hear a family of birds living in the ceiling, but they didn't keep us up(you are staying next to the rainforest, you can't be afraid of some animals and insects.) They have a nice looking pool that is pretty cold and a dozen mineral hot springs. The one spring has a bar in it. The water is clear but looks dirty due to the sulfer coloration to the stone. There's an impressive view of the volcano with the top third stabbing into the clouds. The complementary breakfast was a beautiful spread buffet of hot food and fruit. The lunch and dinner menu looked very expensive at $18-30 dishes. Fortunately, you can find more reasonable priced menus in town at a "soda." They also have a self-guided hiking trail and a spa that we didn't have time to experience. Overall, it was a very nice place in a good location with very helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos