Form best to worst.
Spring waters: this is definitely the highlight of the hotel, pretty relaxing indeed. The pools are organized in such a way that the warmest pool is on top of the hill and the coolest at the bottom. You can try the warmest freely as the temperature is not excessive. More details about temperatures and minerals provided by the spring water can be found at the pool area. The pools have a brown color which, as far as know, is due to the minerals in the water, not because the pool has not been cleaned.
Nature: the hotel was designed in such a way that even at the restroom you can see the volcano. It was also designed using bungalows which allows them to be surrounded by nature. You can see 8-12 different species of birds.
Breakfast: nice buffet, includes some local basics like “gallo pinto” (rice and beans), “natilla” (sour cream), eggs, and local fruits.
Restaurant: decent prices for a hotel, USD20-30. Quality is good but you can also try restaurants in the area at cheaper prices and similar quality.
Service: the personnel is nice and will always deliver a towel-made animal in your bed.
Bed: This was probably the worst thing about the hotel. Your back can kill you after a couple days. It is something that definitely needs to improve. I like to think that I’m an adjustable person and not too picky but for some this could be a deal breaker.
Congo waterfall: it has a disclaimer regarding going “at your own risk”. The way to the waterfall is not in great shape (full of nature on that sense). Though the part is that you can come across a snake (as we did), no idea if venomous or non-venomous, but pretty scary nonetheless, so make sure you prepare accordingly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos