Except for the view, the best part is the restaurant. If you want something cheap and decent there, order a ham and cheese sandwich. It is actually a sandwich with lettuce and tomato, it also include fries. That's all for the good part, now the bad.....
The rooms: nasty! The first room we had, there are hairs on the bed and in the sink! The AC wasn't working either. I asked for a change of room, which they did make me uncomfortable and seems like I am ask for something ridiculously! In the second room, at least the bed looks clean. However, everything is old there. It feels like the bed sheets has been washed a 1000 times. There are molds in the room and the washroom smells really bad! I would suggest bringing a pair of flip flops and wear them when you shower (that is if you decide to stay in this "resort").
The hot spring: There are alot of pools but they are dirty. Also, the water flows really really slow and in the lower pools, there are alot of dead bugs! I went there once and I don't want to go back. (although that's the whole point why I book this hotel).
The front desk: Everyone in La fortuna is very nice except for the front desk ppl. Everytime I ask them to do something, I really feel uncomfortable. It seems like we owe them something or it is a big hassle to do small things for us. Very bad services!
Overall: This place is not a resort, it is a run-down hotel! Nothing glameous about this place and it is the worst hotel we stayed in our trip to CR (we stayed at 5 different places). I would avoid it!!! Except for the view (which alot of other hotel has) it is not worth it! Oh... and the lava doesn't flow this way so that you know. You need to go for a lava tour to see the lava and I recommend the Red Lava Tour Company (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g309237-i4289-k3124720-l21985254-Tips_for_Arenal_region-La_Fortuna_de_Bagaces_Province_of_Guanacaste.html#21985254)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy of cozy & comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical gardens, with the best view of Arenal Volcano. Discover the wellness of our hot springs and our Mayin Spa. Taste the Costa Rica flavor, international cuisine and the best steak house in the area. Feel the adrenaline on our Canopy Tour, and take the best shots of Arenal volcano on our horseback riding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort And Spa
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Paraiso
- Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos