We stayed at Cerro Chato Lodge two nights in October 2012. As it was still off-season, we were the only guests in the lodge. Carmen and Miguel, the owners, were very friendly and helped us with a lot of information about the surrounding national parks and reserves. The cabina we had was rather small, but clean. We also enjoyed the rich breakfast and the fruits and juices served with it. The lodge is situated in a very quiet area, but not too far from La Fortuna that offers lots of shops, bars and Restaurants, and is a good base for visiting the surrounding reserves such as Parque Nacional Volcán Arenal, El Silencio, Arenal Hanging Bridges and many other attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of the Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica (2.5 kms. from La Fortuna, on the road to Catarata Rio's Fortuna and only 15minutes by car from Tabacon's Hot Springs) with a spectacular view of the southeast side of the volcano, we have the advantage of being at a slightly higher altitude than La Fortuna, thus cooler. Also, we are off the main road enough to avoid the sound of grinding gears that are audible from almost all other hotels. The rooms are very spacious (32m2) with 1 double and 1 single bed, a large private bath with hot water, screened windows, ceiling fans, verandas with table and chairs, and landscaped grounds abundant with tropical flowers and birds. Full breakfast, available lunches, horse rental, laundry, internet service and secure parking lot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld and Ebookers so you can book your Cerro Chato Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Chato Eco Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Cerro Chato Eco Lodge Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos