“Good choice, excelent staff!”
Review of San Bosco Inn

San Bosco Inn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed in this hotel December, 2010. A staff is excelent, friendly, their English is very good. A nice view is to a volcano from a hotel. A location is good, 3-5 minutes to supermarket, gift shops, restaurants, bank. Hotel offers free internet, coffee, tea near a reception.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 March 2011

I spent the first 2 nights of my trip in La Fortuna and was nervous since we booked the trip only 3 days before and wasn't able to do too much research. SO happy we decided on Hotel San Bosco! For $60 you absolutely cannot beat it. The breakfast was not out of this world, but it was decent and a perfect way to start a day of excursions. Fresh juice and coffee, eggs, beans and fruit? Yes please! The pools, rooms, grounds were all clean and very pretty. The hotel staff was very friendly, they spoke decent English and helped us choose our activities since we came without a plan :). My only word of warning, the majority of businesses in town must make money from recommending certain businesses and establishments, just be aware. No matter how hard people try and sell you on Baldi, no do not buy it. That was my only annoyance with the staff, they apparently did not hear of The Springs Resort which seems absurd and would only recommend Baldi after our first choice eco termales was booked. Outside of that, I wouldn't recommend any other place in town (the other options looked a little run down and meh).

Also, Free Internet and coffee/tea and volcano views from breakfast area!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2011

This hotel is centrally located in the charming town of Fortuna, which was a great launching point for our activities over a 2-day period. The view of the volcano from the pool is excellent (on the one day the clouds didn't interfere). Breakfast was very nice, and the rooms were certainly adequate for the price. Although this didn't seem like a dangerous place, the security around the hotel was an added plus.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Hotel San Bosco is located near the center of town and is in easy walking distance of the town square and restaurants and shops. I would recommend trying Nene's restaurant. It has good food and is reasonably priced. The San Bosco has a swimming pool, 2 hot tubs, hammock, and 2 flat screen computers for free internet access. The included breakfast was good and they will store your valuables at the front desk at no charge. The room was clean and had hot water showers. I booked a special of getting the 4th night free so it worked out to under $50 a night for me which is great value for this place.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Adventurer42
Reviewed 15 February 2011

we stayed three nights at this well situated hotel in la fortuna! it's very clean,has secure parking, great staff , quiet and lots of hummingbirds in the morning...has a good view of the volcano!

best place to stay in town!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2011

No matter how much research you may do to find the perfect hotel, it may still end up being a hit or miss. Fortunately my stay at Hotel San Bosco in La Fortuna, Costa Rica was a out of the ball park hit. And that’s coming from someone who’s not into sports; well maybe curling. The rooms, grounds, dinning and pool areas were well kept. The staff was very professional and hospitable. And most importantly I felt very secure; something I look for when traveling solo. The hotel has a security fence and cameras.

As far as it’s location. It’s no more than ten minutes away from the La Fortuna airport where Nature Air flies. The cost of a cab form the airport to the town of La Fortuna will cost between 5 to 10 US dollars. The hotel is just one block away from the La Fortuna park, stores and sodas with a great view of the volcano.

The one thing I had to get used to is their request for you to NOT put your toilet paper in the toilet but dispose of it in the waste basket. The sewer systems are not advanced in some parts of Costa Rica.

I would have to say if I were to ever get a chance to go back to La Fortuna I would stay at the Hotel San Bosco. I would also recommend this hotel for couples as well as families.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I found this little hotel in my search for a place to stay. It basically said clean and cheap so I went with it. The hotel is in a residential neighborhood right in town so restaurants and market is within a block. The staff was A+. They made our reservations for us and suggested other things to do, which hot springs were the best, they were very accomodating. They have breakfast everyday at the hotel which is included with your room, but our last morning we had to catch a bus at 5:30am, so they prepared something for us to go. Just amazing. I even contacted the hotel after our departure and asked them to take a picture of a local sports park where I went running because I wasn't able to capture it myself and they did and emailed it to me. Such friendly service! The rooms were clean and totally fine. I believe this was the cheapest hotel we stayed at on our whole trip, but certainly the most memorable! I would recommend Hotel San Bosco to anyone I knew!

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends