“Good place to stay in La Fortuna”
Review of San Bosco Inn

San Bosco Inn
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Hotel San Bosco is located near the center of town and is in easy walking distance of the town square and restaurants and shops. I would recommend trying Nene's restaurant. It has good food and is reasonably priced. The San Bosco has a swimming pool, 2 hot tubs, hammock, and 2 flat screen computers for free internet access. The included breakfast was good and they will store your valuables at the front desk at no charge. The room was clean and had hot water showers. I booked a special of getting the 4th night free so it worked out to under $50 a night for me which is great value for this place.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Adventurer42

Reviewed 15 February 2011

we stayed three nights at this well situated hotel in la fortuna! it's very clean,has secure parking, great staff , quiet and lots of hummingbirds in the morning...has a good view of the volcano!

best place to stay in town!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2011

No matter how much research you may do to find the perfect hotel, it may still end up being a hit or miss. Fortunately my stay at Hotel San Bosco in La Fortuna, Costa Rica was a out of the ball park hit. And that’s coming from someone who’s not into sports; well maybe curling. The rooms, grounds, dinning and pool areas were well kept. The staff was very professional and hospitable. And most importantly I felt very secure; something I look for when traveling solo. The hotel has a security fence and cameras.

As far as it’s location. It’s no more than ten minutes away from the La Fortuna airport where Nature Air flies. The cost of a cab form the airport to the town of La Fortuna will cost between 5 to 10 US dollars. The hotel is just one block away from the La Fortuna park, stores and sodas with a great view of the volcano.

The one thing I had to get used to is their request for you to NOT put your toilet paper in the toilet but dispose of it in the waste basket. The sewer systems are not advanced in some parts of Costa Rica.

I would have to say if I were to ever get a chance to go back to La Fortuna I would stay at the Hotel San Bosco. I would also recommend this hotel for couples as well as families.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I found this little hotel in my search for a place to stay. It basically said clean and cheap so I went with it. The hotel is in a residential neighborhood right in town so restaurants and market is within a block. The staff was A+. They made our reservations for us and suggested other things to do, which hot springs were the best, they were very accomodating. They have breakfast everyday at the hotel which is included with your room, but our last morning we had to catch a bus at 5:30am, so they prepared something for us to go. Just amazing. I even contacted the hotel after our departure and asked them to take a picture of a local sports park where I went running because I wasn't able to capture it myself and they did and emailed it to me. Such friendly service! The rooms were clean and totally fine. I believe this was the cheapest hotel we stayed at on our whole trip, but certainly the most memorable! I would recommend Hotel San Bosco to anyone I knew!

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2010

We stayed here and loved it. Love the balcony chairs overlooking the property. Price was outstanding... $68 for 2 people for 2 beds. One block off the main street. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Stayed here on two occasions and found the rooms and staff very pleasant. The hotel has a small pool and two jacuzzis and also has free tea and coffee making facilities near them. The hotel is 2 minutes walk from the town centre and is at the base of Arenal volcano where if youre lucky, spectacular views can be seen at sunset from the pool area. Rooms were clean and compact. The hotel just needs to review its silly ticket system for breakfast in the morning which can be a right pain if you have to dash over to reception during a heavy downpour!!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 11 November 2010

If I ever come back I am staying here. The hotel is clean, safe, and centrally located. There is a parking lot right in front with a 24 hour security person there. The reception desk is open till 10pm. There is coffee and tea in the reception whenever you want. There are 2 computers in the reception for use anytime you want. There is also wifi in the rooms but its kinda spotty which is my only complaint. The wifi does definitely work in the pool/jacuzzi area which is open 24 hours and the walkways outside of the rooms - theres a nice table and chairs area. One night after a long hike, I sat in the jacuzzi and placed my laptop on the edge and typed a few emails to home. The breakfast was great!! rice, fruit, fresh fruit, fresh juice, french toast, eggs to order, potatos, toast, coffee, and plantains. All buffet style.

There is a laundry right across the street which we used after a particularly long and dirty hike. And of course the central park is 1 block away with all the restaurants, ice cream shop, souvenir shop, banco national, etc. I would recommend you walk to the plaza and continue until you get to the corner at the end of the plaza and make a left at that corner. For 2 blocks there are some great interesting local foods. Also check out the supermarket for stuff like drinks, snacks, and shorts if you forgot your swimtrunks.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family