We stayed at this hotel for 2 days. The hotel cost were very pricey, but the quality of the room and the reception area was sub-standard for the price range. The hotel is old and the electrical outlets and bathroom fixtures were falling apart. We had to call maintenance twice for a blocked toilet. Our bathroom shower door was also stuck and we had to call the maintenance again. The water from the shower poured into all areas of the bathroom and we had to put towels on the floor to prevent the entire bathroom from getting flooded when someone took a shower.
Our travel agent had an agreement with the hotel for the cost of our room, which the hotel frontdesk manager refused to honor. She demanded 30% more than the cost the travel agent told me to pay. The travel agent sent emails requesting the hotel to honor the previously agreed to cost and the hotel did not respond to him. Finally I had to pay the full cost that the hotel demanded before checkout. Still waiting for the hotel to respond back to the travel agent...
Food in the restaurant is average but the cost was very high. Most of the waiters at the restaurant were friendly with the exception of one man.
The only good thing about the hotel is the view of the Arenal Volcano from the restaurant and the small nature walk area close to the entrance of the hotel.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know. Please stay away from this over-priced, worn-down hotel. There are a number of other options in the La Fortuna area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos