This is my third visit to Montana de Fuego Hotel and Spa, and will be my last. First, I made reservations for three nights for a cabin with three beds. It took four tries for the reservations person to successfully "get" my emails with my reservation information and credit card, and they refused to take the information over the phone. I was required to fill out the authorization form. Then, when my guests arrived in the country, we decided to cut the visit short by one day. So when we arrived at the hotel, I asked to remove the third day (more than 72 hours notice). The desk receptionist, after calling someone, said "yes we can help you with that, but there's a penalty." I asked "what's the penalty?" to which she responded "100%." Bad service from the top down, as that was apparently the response she received from her higher up. When we got to the room, there were only two beds, so two of us had to share a bed. Supposedly a no smoking hotel, there were two burned sticks of incense on an incense tray in the room. The room smelled of mold, patchouli, and the sickly sweet smell of pine scented cleaning supplies. Bizarrely, the windows in the room are bolted. shut, so we had to leave the doors open. The so-called business center is a desk in the middle of the very noisy lobby, and the sporadic internet access is limited to these noisy spaces. This was a charming little hotel at one point, but has grown into a large resort. They seem to have kept the small hotel administration attitude. The mandatory wrist-bands and the person reviewing the minibar after you arrive just add insult to injury. Senores, el saco les queda muy grande...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL THE SPLENDOR AND ADVENTURE OF LA FORTUNA JUST IN ONE PLACE!Welcome to an experience full of adventure and nature in Costa Rica...Just by the foot of the Arenal Volcano stands Montana de Fuego Hotel & Spa, a hotel inspired by its great natural environment, surrounded by 35 hectares of tropical forest on our private reserve.In balance with nature develop a site of rest and fun that makes you feel in a new world.With our All-Inclusive Package in La Fortuna, you can enjoy aholiday full of sustainable adventure and cultural experience.Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa has received the Fordor's Choice Award for several consecutive years, distinguished by Fodor's Travel as the best of hotels in the region of La Fortuna de San Carlos.PURE ADVENTURE IN OUR GO ADVENTURE PARK. Experience the best and exclusive eco adventure tours, feel the extreme nature of tropical forests and the powerful energy of the Arenal Volcano! A BREATH FOR TOUR SOUL... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montana De Fuego Hotel And Spa
- Montana De Fuego Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Montana De Fuego Resort
- Hotel Montana De Fuego Resort & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos