My friend and I stayed at Volcano Lodge in mid-September during the Low/Green/Rainy season for 3 days. This was my 2nd trip to Costa Rica. We picked Volcano Lodge based on the Tripadvisor reviews. Overall, great experience based on value, cleanliness, service.
The hotel is located between La Fortuna and the National Park. The units had double bed, was clean, no bugs, a quiet, nice A/C and safe with cable TV. Outside had chair viewing the volcano although it was frequently cloudy but we would stare an the many birds flying on the nice manicured grounds.
It came with buffet breakfast which was good. We also ate a couple of dinners at the restaurant there too, and it was solid. We thought Costa Rica food was mediocre overall, so the food at the rest. was no better or worst than other meals.
I saw a bunch of reviewers commenting on the rude or indifferent front desk. However, we did not find that to be the case. They booked all our trips, answered questions and gave us late checkout.
The hotel is not a 5 star hotel or anything, but for the price, the good, clean rooms, relaxing location, etc., I recommend for the value, and overall comfort of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos