The views of Arenal in the morning from your bed are all you need to give this hotel five stars. It is something I could not get enough of. I also loved watching the sunset on the Volcano from our back porch sitting on the little leather and wood rockers having a cocktail with my husband. The landscaping around each room and villa is very thoughtful and provides a very real sense of intimacy and privacy.
The pool is lovely, as is the hot tub. This is a family friendly hotel, so there were plenty of children enjoying the pool and around the restaurant as well. The food was excellent as was the bar service. We really enjoyed the friendly staff throughout the hotel.
The rooms are simple, clean and modestly appointed. They felt lodge-y. One challenge I had was with the noise. There seems to be little or no insulation between rooms, so when our neighbors chose to watch very loud tv or argue about plans for the next day, we felt like we were right there with them. fortunately, you can make a quick exit to the gorgeous grounds, but this was an oversight in the construction I'd say.
I would stay there again in a heartbeat, it's a great location with stellar views. It feels safe, clean and offers good food/drink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos