This hotel was fair.
On the negative side: it rained torrentially at night here and it was quite noisy inside the room during the rains. That made it difficult to sleep. We noticed some buildings had tin roofs and some had the Spanish tile roofs. Our building had a tin roof so surely that had something to do with the noise.
Also, we could hear the neighbor snoring one night so that also hampered our sleep. The service seemed indifferent at times so I can't give outstanding marks for that, either.
On the positive side: the grounds are beautiful, the rooms themselves are quite nice and the beds were comfortable. The view of the volcano, from what I hear, is quite nice (we had to go to the nat'l park on the other side of the volcano to see any of the volcano itself as the hotel is on the windward side and therefore the clouds never retreated on this side of the mountain during our stay).
The location is approximately midway between La Fortuna (the nearest town) and the Arenal National Park. Cabs were a little pricey in this area so if you're cost-conscious, organize trips wisely. If I recall correctly, it was about $7 USD to get to/from La Fortuna and the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos