Volcano Lodge & Springs
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$252
US$227
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$136
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$125
US$78
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$177
Hotels.com
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$296
US$181
Hotels.com
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$165
US$151
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$338
TripAdvisor
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$507
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$848
3,281 results
All reviewshot springscosta ricala fortunabeautiful groundsprivate hot springrocking chairsswim up bartowel animalsprivate patiobreakfast buffetback porchevery morningrainy seasonrooms are nicethermal poolsarenal arearestaurant staff
Reviewed 1 March 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Volcano Lodge for 3 nights. Overall we enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately we arrived very late at night, and there was no reception open or anyone who spoke English, and our Spanish was limited, so I would recommend arriving in the daytime.

The room was large and clean, with a great view. I believe every room has a little deck with comfy rocking chairs and views of the volcano. There was cable TV, airconditioning which worked great, and a large bathroom. The beds must have also been very comfortable because we slept like logs all three nights.

The property was much larger than I thought, so it was a hike from our room to the front reception where you get picked up for tours. We ate mostly at the further restaurant, which was very good and reasonably priced. The pool area was very nice with enough lounges that we had no problem getting one.

We spent very little time at the hotel, preferring to be out all day to explore the area, but we felt we had made a good choice with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2008

I stayed two nights at Volcano Lodge on Feb 4 and 5, 2008 and was completely satisfied. The setting is beautiful, with lovely gardens...my room had a back patio area with two comfy rocking chairs and views towards the Arenal Volcano. The room itself was clean and comfortable, with a large bathroom, a big window, air conditioning, a desk, chairs...there is a computer at the office which one can use to access the internet. I found the staff to be helpful & friendly. Although La Fortuna would be a bit far to walk, it was quite easy to take a taxi into town. As well, the morning breakfast held near the pool was bountiful and delicious. I did eat one evening at one of the restaurants on the property, having fish & mussels. The food was reasonably priced and tasty.
The only thing that bothered me at all during my stay was the people in the room next to me had their TV a little louder than I liked...but overall a very minor incident. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank ratherbthere2
Reviewed 15 February 2008

We just got back from our trip yesterday and I had such a great time that I had to quickly tell someone about it! The Volcano Lodge was the perfect way to start our trip off in Costa Rica. A very relaxing resort with a laid back attitude. The pool was great and all the rooms have Volcano views. The Volcano is something you cannot miss seeing on a trip to CR. The Tabacon Hot Springs were great also, a little crowded, but a lot of fun. They have a wonderful buffet, swim up bar and hot springs with waterfalls throughout the property. The town of La Fortuna is also great to spend a day or evening in. The highlight of the trip however, was our day spent at the Sky-Tram/Sky-trek where we went zip lining! What a thrilling experience! You will NEVER have such a rush as you zip through the jungle 200 ft. above ground! It was one of the best parts of our whole vacation! Costa Rica was great to visit and so much different from the regular Mexico scene that we have been doing recently. We went from the Volcano to Tamarindo and spent some time on the beach as well. That was also a lot of fun! Don't miss the Volcano!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank travelingduo1234
Reviewed 14 February 2008

We stayed in a fantastic room - large, great bathroom, nice area to sit and enjoy the views of the volcano and gardens. The room was very clean, and the service staff were great.

Of the two restaurants, we only ate at the smaller - and cheaper - one. The food was lovely, far exceeding our expectations, and really good value - the casados were huge. Breakfast was almost as good too with a great range, eggs cooked fresh and plenty of fresh, high quality fruit.

But best about the hotel is its gardens - they are immaculately cared for and home to a vast range of birds and other animals; we saw almost as many species here as we did in a day's walking in the national park. From the hummingbirds that are everywhere during the day, to the armadillo that was wandering around outside our door at night, this was a definite bonus to our stay.

The only downside was the tours available - they're a bit pricey and seem to be geared up more for those that want their hands held all the time. If you can sort out trips yourself it's probably best.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank acr606
Reviewed 13 February 2008

The staff at the Volcano Lodge were incredibly helpful during our stay. They provided great recommendations for tours and tour companies, and their suggestions for off-property restaurants were uniformly good. They were also helpful about passing on messages to other members of our party.

The room was fine. I liked that we didn't share walls with anyone else. We saw lots of wildlife on the path just from our room to breakfast! The breakfasts were also tasty.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Arenal.

• Stayed: August 2007