An idylic "surprise" hotel situated well outside of the volcano driven fray of La Fortuna. Great full breakfast buffet, taxes, gratuity included for very spacious rooms with porches and excellent views of Arenal spewing smoke and rocks.
The room was SPOTLESS and just painted with comfy king bed facing the mountain. Best breakfast, bath and shower of the trip for just over $100/night. There are both main hotel rooms and 4 room/unit cabanas, the latter facing directly to the volcano and spread out to create privacy between neighboring porches. We had room 321 (cabana) and would ask for this one if returning - kept our curtains open so we could wake looking right at Arenal.
Service was genuinely great and our one dinner on premise was also very good, authentic, Costa Rican fare. The only issue was that we only booked two nights here!
DO take a ride north on the main road from the main entrance (By day, like most driving in C.R., NOT by night.) and continue well past the lake/dam which opens up into a vast body of water in about 15 miles/20Km. Very Cool Ride!
Hanging Bridges is also at the north end of the dam and is a great chance to get a relatively safe, moderate 2 hour +/- hike into the rain forest/jungle for about 20 bucks each. Monkeys found here - when they want to be. Baldi hot springs also near/worthwhile for $26. The Nat'l park hike takes you within a couple Km of Arenal, access is day only @$10 ea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos