Volcano Lodge is a little gem. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained with a good variety of flora, birds, butterflies, armadillos etc!
All the lodges look out upon the Arenal Volcano which is an impressive back drop to all the activities in the Fortuna area. Keep watching though because the break in the clouds can be few and far between.
The accomodation in the lodge is clean & tidy and very comfortable. The resort itself is a bit of a way out from Fortuna Town so its best to have a car if possible. The breakfast buffet was good and the staff were friendly and attentive. The pool complex - though not big - was fine too.
There is a lot to do in the immediate vicinity. If you want to see the volcano in action the activity is around the SW side. Take a trip to the Observatory and stay after dark to see the molten rock - cloud permitting. Also some nice walks here. The National Park is also worth a visit. You can walk to a 'recent' lava flow which is close enough to hear rocks being ejected from the cone and rolling down the slope.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos