We found the lodge through a living social deal and wow, this place was amazing!
The actual rooms are nice, but if you are looking for an incredible room go somewhere else besides Costa Rica. With that said they are nice but nothing special. What was special was the cleaning staff, and I will say this throughout this review the people here are awesome and really made this a great stay, But back to the cleaning people, each day the staff would make some different animal with the daily towels, and so it up with flowers and my fiancé and I loved coming back to the room after a day of adventuring to see what new creative thing was on the bed, just those simple things can make or break a trip and a stay somewhere.
The restaurant has great service and very tasty drinks. Everything they use to make the drinks is fresh. Our waiter wouldn't serve us something unless it was going to be amazing, which it was. Fresh pineapple for piña coladas, fresh everything, no concentrates or anything like that. The overall menu actually changed while we were there. The last two days they had a new menu and what we both had was excellent.
Also the pool area is an incredible place to unwind or for breakfast start your day! The volcano is right there in its full glory and the grounds in general are lush and beautiful. The rain Forrest comes alive and the bird and wildlife are incredible! Would highly recommend even without the living social deal, with it, it was close to stealing, it was that incredible!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos