We have travelled many places, stayed in many hotels and lodges and I can say this is the BEST we have stayed in. The best of it all is their "service"...always willing to serve and with a smile.
We had an unfortunate accident while in the La Fortuna area and when they came to know about it, before our return to our room, they put a sweet card on our bed saying 'we know it has been a difficult day for you but we are so glad to have you back' with a bottle of wine and some chocolates. This note was so touching and we felt so good...like someone cares in the unknown place far away from our country. After that incident, every service member we met always enquired about our well being....it seemed like everyone knew about what we had gone through and tried their best to make our stay comfortable. I give the maximum + rating for their hospitality. I consider service the essential ingredient in lodging and they surpassed in this area!
Next is the beautiful surroundings...well manicured gardens. I have almost 200pics of their beautiful gardens...u can have a beautiful walk around this place. You will find every variety of plant here...amazingly beautiful flowers. You can rock in the backyard watching the plant life..different kinds of birds and animals.....very pleasing to the eye.
The complimentary breakfast is very good....lots of varieties and tastes very good. We stayed at the place for 5 days(had to extend because of the accident) and were not bored with the breakfast....fabulous spread. Food at the restaurant was very good...good quality and good service. On one of the days we had to leave to a tour before the breakfast time and they had packed Togo breakfast for my family. Absolutely thoughtful! Even those days when I used to dine in their facility for breakfast, the waiters would come forward to pack breakfast for my husband who couldn't walk to the place. They never did this for a tip.....I noticed each and every service member was helpful.
Pools, thermal spring and jacuzzi facilities was good. Didn't try the spa. Everything was just fabulous. We were glad that we had to extend our stay here....Thumbs up to them!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos