La Fortuna was the first stop on our Costa Rica vacation and after purchasing a Groupon for Volcano Lodge, we weren't quite sure what to expect. However, we could not have been happier with our stay. When we first arrived, we were welcomed at the front desk and then shown to our room which overlooked the volcano. The room itself was simple yet nice. It had two double beds, a small table, and a security box for our important travel items. A new towel creation welcomed us home each day.
The complimentary breakfast was very nice and included the typical Costa Rican fare such as Gallo Pinto and plantains, but Western food such as pancakes or omelets were offered too. We only ate dinner at the onsite restaurant once, and although the food was a bit pricier ($15 and up), both my boyfriend and I enjoyed our meals. There also is a happy hour in the bar at night (2 for 1) and the bar was never crowded.
The property itself is very gorgeous and includes a "natural" hot springs pool, regular pool, and hot tub. There are hiking trails on the property too, but as it rained almost the entire time we were there, we did not do much exploring.
The only complaint I have about this place is that when I booked the hotel, they explained to me that they had a complimentary shuttle service that ran at several times during the day. However, by the time we arrived they had gotten rid of this service and since we didn't have a car, we had to pay $10 to and from town each day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos