Our family of four stayed here for 4 nights. The grounds are really gorgeous, with an amazing variety of tropical flowers everywhere. The included breakfast buffet is great and the open-air poolside restaurant a perfect setting.
The room was nice, pretty standard size for two double beds, which fit the four of us without any problem. Nice bathroom and shower. The housekeeping was nice, and they have the most inventive origami towel folders of anywhere, which was a nice touch.
Nice location, a few miles out of La Fortuna on the way to the volcano. Wonderful volcano views, but not of the lava currently (2008).
Nice pool and hot tub area.
The only complaint was that we heard a lot of noise from the neighboring room when the "loud family" returned to their room each night at 10:30.
But overall we really enjoyed our stay there and would easily recommend it. But keep in mind you will have to go elsewhere to view the hot lava at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos