My partner and I stayed here for two days on the last leg of our belated honeymoon. This is perfectly adequate, upscale-ish place to stay in La Fortuna, but definitely nothing special for the price by Costa Rica standards. The grounds are indeed lovely, as many other reviewers pointed out, but we found our room to be small, dark and lacking in both cross-ventilation (only time on our trip when we had to use air-conditioning at night) and (more importantly) character. There is a view of the volcano from most of the rooms, but it is mostly of the inactive side (there is also a smallish slice of the active side visible). The hotel serves a nice breakfast that is included in the price, but when we tried one of the restaurants for dinner we were underwhelmed. Finally, the staff are perfectly pleasant, and will arrange activities in the area for you, but we actually found them to be relatively indifferent compared to the service we received at other hotels on our trip. Also, this was the only hotel at which we stayed that refused to cash traveller's checks, which required a trip into La Fortuna and a long wait at the local bank.
All of that said, the hotel is perfectly pleasant, particularly if you have a car to come and go as you please. It also has two very nice swimming pools, and seems particularly kid-friendly, so I think it would be an excellent option for a family-oriented vacation. Just nothing special in terms of a romantic get-away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos