This was not my first trip to Costa Rica, but my first trek to Arenal. Easy drive from Liberia Airport to Volcano Lodge, nevermind the windy mountainous roads and occassional mudslide, which are to be expected. It will take about 3.5 hours despite the distance, don't be fooled. Try to drive it in daylight if you can, as it is a gorgeous view. The Volcano Lodge has beautifully maintain grounds and everything is within walking distance. The rooms were immaculate and all the staff friendly and helpful. Very good English spoken by a majority of the staff. Take your earplugs if night noises bother you, as there is a loud-spoken cow nearby and the rains on the tin roofs sound like a heard of elephants, in a nice way. The pools and hottub are nice and the food is wonderful and reasonably priced. You can sit beside the pool in the morning for the buffet breakfast, fire up your internet, and also view the clouds receding from Arenal (if you're lucky). I recommend having a vehicle, as there is alot to see and do in the area and the resort is fairly isolated. La Fortuna, a small town a few miles away has the typical touristy attractions and also a decent Mega Super. An hour or two there, and you'll be done. If you plan to go to the Smithsonian Observatory Lodge, plan on taking your time, as it is the most pot-holed road I have ever encountered, bordering on ridulously funny. For this reason, I am so glad we didn't stay there! We are so happy that we spent four days at Volcano Lodge before returning to our addiction, the northern pacific coast, Ocotal area in Guanacaste.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos