My girlfriend and I stayed here for the first 3 nights of our Costa Rica vacation. This was a very nice place right in between the Volcano in Arenal and La Fortuna. Although the weather was quite rainy, as expected during the rainy season, the lodging itself was very good. There are 2 restaurants, 2 pools, and 2 jacuzzi's. They also serve a wonderful breakfast. The Lodge is very spread out and has wonderful views of the volcano, if it is visible, which unfortunately it was not during our stay. The rooms were quite spacious and very clean. All rooms offer a patio that overlooks the volcano. The bathroom had a nice big shower, and there was a safe in the room to store valuables. The front desk was very helpful in booking tours for us and giving advise on places to eat, etc. The Lodge is about a 3 minute cab ride to Baldi Hot Springs and about a 10 minute ride into La Fortuna. Overall we were very pleased with the accomodations and would definitely stay here again if we were to come back to Arenal. Only complaint I have is the food. Besides breakfast which was fantastic, the other meals were nothing special. Also, some people aren't aware that most places, including the Lodge, include 10% gratuity on their food bills.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos