10 people are viewing this hotel
getaroom.comUS$292
Hotels.comUS$113
eDreamsUS$149
3,929 results
All reviews hot springs costa rica la fortuna beautiful grounds private hot spring swim up bar towel animals thermal pools private patio breakfast buffet every morning junior suite arenal area spring pool wet bar an amazing view hotel restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Volcano Lodge & Springs back in September 2016 for 4 nights. We booked the Superior Room with private thermal jacuzzi. The room we had has 2 queen size beds, air conditioner, and a ceiling fan. The hotel has internet but it didn't reached our room so much because our room is so far from the lobby. We hang out at the lobby whenever we need faster internet connection. We also rented a car and was able to park the car in the hotel ground with no additional charge. Breakfast was good. It has good food selections, juices, and omelette bar. The best part of our stay here are the thermal pools! I found myself using the thermal jacuzzi in our patio and the thermal pools with the swim up bar a lot during the stay. We visited Costa Rica in September so the hotel wasn't as busy because of the rainy season. Lucky for us, it only means we get the whole thermal pools to ourselves at night. The hotel ground is very green and the plants are very lovely to look at. The hotel price is reasonable and we really enjoyed our stay at Volcano Lodge & Springs.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GPCustomerService, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Volcano Lodge, Hotel & Thermal Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Hello Heidi, thank you for this lovely review.

We are pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us.

As you mention, we have beautiful grounds where you can see many types of birds and flowers.

Our hot springs are a delight after a hike around the Arenal Volcano.
Also, we have the best view to the Arenal Volcano from any place in the lodge and all our staff is kindly and professional to serve you in the best way.

Thanks again for choosing Volcano Lodge & Springs for your vacations.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Our room was clean and neat. We had a large patio with a spa and chairs. We didn't use it because the grounds had many places to go with thermal springs throughout, Quite lovely. The staff was competent, helpful and very friendly. We did go to La Fortuna for dinner one night. Other than that we ate at the lodge. I found the menu very limited in selections. There was a buffet for breakfast included but I didn't feel they kept the buffet well stocked. We went for breakfast at 8:15 and the fresh fruit was already gone. I was not enthusiastic about their meals and that is why I could not give them a higher rating.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
GPCustomerService, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Volcano Lodge, Hotel & Thermal Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Hello, thank you for your review.

We regret that your stay not was the best.
We will consider your contribution about the food in our restaurant.

Thanks again for your feedback. It help us to improve in all our services.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I didn't stay at this hotel - I visited twice only to utilize the hot springs. I stayed at the San Bosco Inn, and it is owned by the same person so they allow all guests to use the hot spring for free.

This hotel is not very close to downtown La Fortuna or Arenal. It is in the middle of both cities, give or take.

The property is gated, so you're not able to walk or drive in without some identification or checking with the security first.

Although I can't speak to the amenities or the services that this hotel offers, my guess is that you're stuck here on the property for all your meals unless you have a vehicle to get around.

The hot springs were amazing!!! They have more than one to choose from, but I settled on the one closest to the swimming pool. The hot spring is man-made, they created flowing waterfalls, tables and chairs using concrete. I sat under the waterfall for about 5 mins at a time within a 45 minutes period.

Talk about blissful? This was it! It felt so great! It was even more fantastic and therapeutic for me because I visited during the night after my daily hikes and adventure trips in Arenal.

I would definitely recommend that you use the hot springs in the evening/night when the temperature drops. I can't imagine sitting in a heated pool during the day with temperatures exceeding 30 degrees Celsius!

Trip type: Travelled solo
GPCustomerService, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Volcano Lodge, Hotel & Thermal Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear customer, thanks for your review.

We want to thank you for your time and effort in evaluating our services.
We are pleased to read that everything was very good during your visit to our hot springs and that you enjoyed of our services.

We hope you can come back someday.
It will be our pleasure to serve you again.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We had a rental car, so this location was great for us as we could easily drive to excursions around La Fortuna and Arenal. Driving around La Fortuna and Arenal is easy, as long as you have wifi and your phone (Waz) as GPS. The hotel room was clean but the walls were thin and I could hear the neighbors talking, their tv/movie, and even when they turned on their bathroom faucet. The cleaning crew would create fun creatures out of the towels, which my boys (8 and 11 yr) would look forward to seeing everyday. Little ants would come into the bathroom/main room, especially if you'd eat snacks. I asked for a room (321) near the pool/hot springs, which I'm so glad I did. It was very convenient to go swimming, plus breakfast is next to the pool. They have individual shower rooms next to the pool, which were better than the ones in our room (high pressure shower head). I took my showers there after swimming.

The hotel grounds are beautiful with flowers, birds, leaf cutter ants, and cow field near the more expensive suits with own hot tub/hot spring. The pools fed by hot springs were wonderful to relax in, as well as the cold water pool for swimming. We didn't goto other hot springs since we felt the ones at the hotel were sufficient.

Free breakfast was very good, consisting of buffet of rice/beans, plantains, scrambled eggs, meat (EG: sausage, chicken/tomato sauce), bread, toaster, cereal, pound cake, local breads/cookies, fresh fruit (pineapple, banana, watermelon, papaya), fruit juice, orange juice, milk, waffle/omelets custom order made by staff.

The front desk had a pool table, coffee, and fruit juice. They would also organize excursions via Desafio for you (pickup at hotel). We did the class II-III white water rafting and river safari (float) via Desafio. Free wifi, but we had our own wifi via car rental company.

Room tip: ask for room next to the pool (321)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JCKMom

Dear customer,

The Customer Relations Department is grateful for your time and effort in evaluating our services.

We are pleased to read this comment which give us the energy to keep improving in all our services.

As you mentioned, we have beautiful grounds where you can see many kinds of birds and flower. Also we have the best view of Arenal Volcano.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed of our hot springs.

Please do not hesitated to visit us in the future.
It will be a pleasure to serve you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We loved our stay here. Great rooms with lots of space and amenities. Comfy chair on the patio with gorgeous view of Arsenal. Awesome pools and springs with swim up bar. Fantastic food in the restaurant. Staff was awesome. Let us check in early. Helped me book a great kayak tour while the rest of my party slept in. This was my second time here and I will be back!! Outstanding value!!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello, we want to give you the thanks for this lovely review.

We are happy to know that your stay with us was awesome.

All our staff strives to give you the best service possible. Our main goal is the complete satisfaction of our customer.

Once again thank you for your feedback.
We hope that you keep visiting us. It will be a pleasure to serve you.

Warmest regards from La Fortuna, Costa Rica.