My girlfriend and I stayed at Volcano Lodge & Inn a few days ago.. We couldn't have been more pleased.. The room was clean and comfy..The view was AMAZING! And the free breakfast was really good.. The service was also spot on.. One thing that kinda sucked was the internet in the room.. we stayed pretty far down and the signal was super weak.. Although the restaurants had both fast internet and accessible power..
The restaurant near the main lobby was INCREDIBLE. The seabass dish was the best i've ever had.. Leaving the resort left me with high hopes of the food in Costa Rica.. But... we couldn't find a place that could hold a candle to this place..
Things to do in Arenal...
We did the hike up the volcano starting at the national park (10 min drive). The cost was 10 dollars a person and last a few hours total. Super pretty, sadly we didn't see the lava but did see the smoke.. The top of the trail was still pretty far away from the top. A worth whole visit for sure. Be sure to check out Lake Arenal.
On one of the days we decided to do the whole hot springs thing.. We spent a few hours researching the best place to go... we decided that the new "Hot Springs Resort and Spa' was the best. The cost was 40 dollars a person and was for a 2 day pass. Much cheaper than most of the others... I am so glad we decided to go.. The property was so amazing., had over a dozen pools and was truly a relaxing experience. Some things to note, the resort chargers 5 dollars for a locker and deposit of 10 dollars per towel..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano Lodge & Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos