“Pura vida!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Cabanas Rusticas La Fortuna
Austin, Texas
“Pura vida!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We had a family reunion is 2 the cabins, they were really nice! Wished I could have stayed longer. Location is very convenient, as stated by other people, you really feel like you are in the jungle. I would stay here again and recommend this place without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carlos B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
La Fortuna
Reviewed 11 June 2013

These cabinas have real personality! The grounds are gorgeous, very lush. I could look down through my glass kitchen countertop to the jungle below me. Colorful birds and iguanas all around, I relaxed in the pool while gazing up at the regal Arenal. What a view!

During my stay, I got to live La Pura Vida! A truly authentic Costa Rican experience...and owner Lily or her right-hand man Elvin was always available to attend to all my needs. They're wonderful, always smiling, happy to go above and beyond to ensure that everything is perfect.

Town is a pleasant half-mile stroll away, the volcano always in sight, but sometimes I just called a taxi...So easy! The location is ideal...Very private and secure, yet close to the action within minutes.

The cabinas themselves were so cozy and the beds wonderfully comfortable...like coming home after an active day. And I loved the super fast Internet!

I wish I could give this lovely little paradise six stars. For real value...and character...and privacy... and convenience, Cabinas Rusticas can't be beat!

Room Tip: I've stayed in each of the three cabinas, and each one is lovely. The largest, of course, has t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Mammy-in-Mexico
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Fully furnished. It made a person feel they were in Costa Rica, not just another resort. People are very nice and helpful. Grounds are lush and well groomed. View of volcano spectacular. We felt at home while there.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Deoley
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

We liked it so well we chose this location for our wedding.
Very nice people. One mile to town, easy nice walk. Very quite, very clean, private. Just what I was looking for. Stayed oct & nov. Came back in April .
Great place.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Alaska99503
San Diego
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Our stay in April 2013 with four other friends made us feel like we had the perfect find for this area. $80 for the large cabin of three bedrooms was a steal. With a full kitchen with basic tools, Internet, well-groomed garden and even a gazebo for massages gave this place a very complete feel of a nice place to stay and enjoy while visiting all of the nice sights in the La Fortuna area. The owner lidi is very laid back, which has its pros and cons. The advantage being that she was flexible on our checkout time since the cabin was not going to be occupied after us.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed here in February 2013 with my fiance and two friends, and we had such a great time. It was a bit tough to find the place and we had a little trouble getting in touch with the owners without a local phone, which is the only reason my review is only 4 stars rather than 5. However, if you're an English speaker traveling from afar, don't be turned off by that or by the all-Spanish website -- our contact corresponded with us in English and we felt totally welcome. Just embrace it with a sense of adventure. :)

As for the property itself, the location was conveniently located near downtown but still private, the cabin was comfortable, the grounds and view were gorgeous, and for only $80/night for the whole house, it was absolutely the best deal on our trip. We even had a couple of friendly neighborhood pups keeping us company during our stay. Next time we're in La Fortuna, we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: La cabaña #1 was perfect for a group of friends, and I imagine it'd be great for a family, too...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends