“Fun ride through interesting countryside”

Arenal Wilberth Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: This adventure begins at the foot of the volcano on our private estate, surrounded by natural beauty and farm animals. Then you will meet our beautiful, healthy and safe horses, which for years have been trained to perform this activity safely. You will receive the basic training to manage your horse from our guide.The horses are trained so you can enjoy your tour without worries. You can admire the impressive craters caused by ancient volcanic eruptions. As you travel through our pastures you will search for beautiful birds like orioles, toucans and other surprises. You will see beautiful organic gardens where you will be impressed by the size of our vegetables and defferrent varieties as well. During the tour you will enjoy beautiful scenery of the volcano and the lake as you immerse yourself in the beautiful forest and hopefully will be surprised by some of the animals that inhabit this amazing place. All from the top of your partner on this two and one half hour tour.At the end we will take you to our beautiful veranda where you will learn the history that lies behind the impressive Arenal Volcano and its beautiful lake.
Chicago, Illinois
“Fun ride through interesting countryside”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Our guide Enrique was very fun and informative during our two hour ride. We took the 3pm tour mad got lucky that it was just our family of four on our tour (girls ages 15 and 16). The horses seemed healthy and well cared for. My younger daughter is a regular rider in the states and she felt comfortable with their health and care. We did a lot of trotting and a decent amount of galloping much to our daughter delight. Enrique gave us a lot of fun historical facts about the volcano and interesting information on the wildlife and vegetation in the area. The girls got natural mud masks from the creek which they left on to work its magic for the remainder of the ride. Fun time for all of us but especially for our daughters.

Wakefield, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“ENRIQUE GUZMAN best guide ever”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had so much fun on our horseback ride! We never rode horses before and Enrique made us feel very safe and he made the ride really fun! He was so informative and we enjoyed learning about the birds, banana plantations and the region... Enrique was very fun!

Fairfax, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ENRIQUE GUZMAN best guide ever!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Went on horseback ride with Enrique, he was awesome! Very playful yet safe and informative ! We saw so many things on our tour and even had volcano mineral face masks applied by Enrique himself! Thankful for the experience and I highly recommend Enrique !

Giselle Rodriguez

1 Thank Giseller323
Cambridge, Massachusetts
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Horseback ride through the country side”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

It’s a 2 hour horseback ride through the country side, jungle and banana plantations. Our guide Rubin was very nice and informative. It was my second time riding a horse. I don’t have any actual complaints, but I was expecting something more exciting – but maybe I’m just not a horse person. If I had a do over – I might opt for the ATV tour – which they offer here as well.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank CoolMoDee
London, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Definitely Horseback Ride”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We went on the 8 AM tour, and the shuttle took us from our hostel out to the property, which is right across the road from the entrance to the Arenal National Park (about a 20 min drive from La Fortuna). When we got there, the horses had to be brought out, so we were given a short plant tour of their garden, and it was very interesting! I am a novice rider (I've been riding for about a year), and my friend had never been on a horse before, but I was so immediately impressed by the horse's responsiveness and training! We were lucky that it was just us on the tour with our guide, Enrique, and we traversed through a banana plantation, the forest area, and the grassier areas. I mostly gave this tour 5 stars because we could trot and gallop, which was incredibly fun and only required a slight nudge from our shoes to get the horses to go. My only complaint is that sometimes it was hard to understand our guide, but I would go on this tour again. Just make sure you wear long pants and lots of sunscreen. (By the way, $50 for a horseback tour is a great price given that this tour lasts about 2 hours).

2 Thank Sam44586