“relaxing stay at a beautiful property”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Villa Heliconia outside
Main Batroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
ksniegoc
Chicago, IL
“relaxing stay at a beautiful property”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We would like to thank Esteban for taking care of us during our 4 night stay at his property. He was so helpful with planning our stay - arranged all of the activities and even got us a discount on a rental car. His knowledge was invaluable in making sure our stay was worry-free. We stayed at his bigger property - Villa Frutales, which consists of three buildings - two bedrooms and a common room with TV, dining room and fully equipment kitchen. Everything was there for our disposal and we cooked our own meals each day. The cleaning ladies that came each day were very nice and thorough and did a great job of keeping the property clean and tidy. We enjoyed a little walk to the pool through the flower filled path and the kids had a great time swimming each day. The horseback riding was a highlight of our trip - our daughters loved the adventure and our guide was excellent at pointing out wildlife and local plants along the way. The property is situated on a hill overlooking the Arenal Volcano and surrounded by beautiful fruit trees and flower bushes. We enjoyed tasting the mangoes, grapefruit, lime and starfruit - all freshly picked on the property. Each day we could see hummingbirds, parrots and other tropical birds while looking out on horses frolicking on the pasture. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend it for a relaxing family vacation spot.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and helpful owner
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Karen S
Los Angeles, CA
“Extraordinary Service”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We couldn't believe that our experience here exceeded our very high expectations! The villas are beautiful and kept immaculately clean. All of the staff are happy and helpful and Esteban is extraordinary in the service that he provides. We went on the ATVS and horseback riding. The ATV tour was magical because we stopped at a natural hot springs out of the way of tourists. The horseback riding was fun and exciting; we'd never before been swimming with horses! Esteban also helped to arrange white water rafting and zip lining which were great. He also set up a hotel room for us at our next stop in Maquenque, which was also amazing. The days at Esteban's villas were truly wonderful. I'm ready to move in!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Attentiveness of the staff
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
drdeniseb...
San Diego, California
“Exquisite Villa, Exceptional Activities”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Estaban was a delightful host and the horse ranch was one fun place. We swam in the pool on this grand ranch, enjoyed the hot bellied pig in the horse stable, rode ATV's with our naturalist Guide, Danny, to a beautiful hot springs and lastly, took a dramatic ride down a river with other white water rafters followed by a journey to an organic farm. All in all the ranch was fabulous, La Fortuna area is great country and I would go back for an extended stay anytime. Thanks Estaban.

Liked best: The ATV's and nice casita
Liked least: kitchen area without air conditioning
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
patton1
Saint-Jean-de-Matha, Canada
“PEACEFUL AND SENERITY”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 for a stay in January 2014

It was worthwhile staying staying there , so peaceful with the horses in the mist in the morning.Very nice rooms and a beautiful pool. Nice restaurants at about 10 minutes maximum.Estban is a nice host and very helpful. A lot of things to see on the farm.<<<<<<<if you want to see RED EYE GREEN FROG, ask Esteban for that tour.
If you are adventourus you could go on the HOT AIR BALLOON, it's worth the price.
Thank you Esteban and family for a NICE STAY

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: nice and peaceful
Liked least: no beach lol
Travelling group: Friends
Families with young children
RChuon24
Long Beach, California
“Vacation Within a Vacation”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Before starting my review of the property, I would like to start off by thanking Esteban for all the help he provided with my trip to Costa Rica. Esteban answered all my emails, helped review my itinerary, booked my rental car, and even booked my tours for me. I have never been to Costa Rica but Esteban made me feel comfortable in a country I know little about. So, from my family to you, thank you for making this trip incredible.

Now, for the review of the property. I truly believe Esteban's property might be one of the most beautiful rental properties you can get anywhere in the world for the price. My family of five stayed in the Villa Frutales, which consisted of three separate casitas and it was immaculate. The villa is on a large property so you had the feeling of being completely private yet you had access to all the amenities the property offered such as his pool, garden, and horse stable (with two huge pigs). The property was well stocked with everything needed for the bedroom, kitchen and restroom. Also, the property is excellent for nature lovers because we saw multiple species of toucans, flowers, and tropical fruits.

If you're in Costa Rica, book this property AND book one of his tours. We booked the ATV and hot springs tour which was excellent. Our guide was Danny who was very informative and friendly. I told him to find me a sloth, and he found me a sloth holding it's baby.

I have nothing but high praises for this property. Esteban, thank you again for everything.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pictures does not do justice to how beautiful the property is.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Newbs29
North Bay, Canada
“Loved it!! Highlight of our trip. Better than the pictures even.”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the villa with the 3 bungalows. The pictures were accurate, but somehow, it was even more beautiful in real life. I travelled with my husband and 17 year old son and 14 year old daughter. The set up was perfect for us! My husband and I had privacy in our own beautiful bungalow with king bed and sitting area. My kids had their own bungalow with king bed and 2 twins. The kitchen/living room unit was in between the to sleeping bungalows. We all loved it! We had 3 bathrooms for 4 of us! The scenery was beautiful. Everything on Esteban's property is immaculate and high quality. The pool was beautiful too. We ate meals out and also had breakfast and some meals in, which surprisingly I enjoyed. It was nice after a full day of activity to be able relax and not go out again. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook. It also had coffee, sugar, oil, salt and pepper which was nice, so when we got groceries, we only really needed to get some basic items. This villa would also be perfect for travelling with 2 couples.

We did did canyoning from La Fortuna and then did Horseback riding and ATVing directly at Finca Centaura. Danny was our guide for both excursions. My kids are spoiled and have been on lots of excursions, (ziplining, swimming with stingrays, turtles, etc..) On the ATV tour we went to the hotsprings and came back in the evening. My son said this was the best excursion he ever went on. We did horseback riding the next day. My daughter, who has been to many camps, said this was the best excursion ever. My husband and I loved them both. Danny was a great guide. It was fantastic that he took pictures using our camera - he knew how to use it better than we did! We have hilarious footage of my son getting stuck in the river on the ATV - priceless memories.

We normally have a never go back rule - live is too short. However, but my husband want to go back. We would like to budget for the hot air balloon ride next time!

I tried to include some pictures, but tripadvisor wouldn't submit with them.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Valdez Alaska
Reviewed 21 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing