“super fun”

US$195.00*
and up
Outdoor Adventure from La Fortuna
More attraction details
Owner description: Club Rio Outdoor Center at The Springs Resort & Spa offers multiple adventure activities set within a 65 acre rain forest preserve along a private stretch of the Arenal River. Activities include inflatable river kayaking, river tubing, horseback riding, hot springs, climbing wall, hiking trails, nature tours, bird watching, wildlife preserve for rescued animals and a fantastic riverfront restaurant.
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“super fun”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This place is not a heart pounding and pure excitement adventure. it is an enjoyable experience where you can do several activities in a relaxed environment with entertaining guides. We did the kayaking, river tubing, and the animal sanctuary tour. There is a restaurant with a bar on site, they have lockers, and you can spend a good portion of the day out there and just have fun.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank dallas1604
Nichole B, Manager at Club Rio Outdoor Center, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear dallas1604,

We are so happy you had a wonderful time here at Club Rio! We try to offer a variety of activities for the whole family, even if you have young children. Next time you come you will have to try the horseback riding and the rock climbing! Thank you so much for visiting! Pura Vida!

Walker, Louisiana
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“This has it ALL!!!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I visited Club Rio on our honeymoon and it was amazing! There are a multitude of activities and excursions available to do all from this single location! From rock-climbing to white-water rafting, horse-back riding to hiking you can do it all! We highly recommend visiting Club Rio!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Chris P
Nichole B, Manager at Club Rio Outdoor Center, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Chris P,

Thank you for your kind words! We are so honored you chose to spend part of your honeymoon with us and we hope to see you back again for many more anniversaries and vacations! Congratulations again on your wedding! Pura Vida!
Dayton, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Time”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Springs was booked so my family of 5 (3 teenage daughters) had to stay at a different resort, but we elected to spend 2 days at Club Rio. I was concerned that we would get bored, but that was NOT the case. We elected to do horseback riding and river tubing. All of our tour guides were incredibly nice, friendly, helpful..I could go on and on. What we loved about the horseback riding is that there were no "state-side" rules. This means if we wanted to gallop, we did. If we wanted to walk the horses, we did. Our person, and I wish I could remember his name, was fabulous. He used my camera to take pictures, videos of my family during this entire event for FREE; who does that?! We rode through hills, through the rain forest, through a stream. I couldn't believe how great he was to us. Then we went river tubing. My family wasn't thrilled about this choice, but after going through it once, they were all super excited to go again. We had 3 guides, Pablo, Rolando and Roberto. These guys were funny and excellent. They helped us by getting us unstuck, they splashed and played with us, laughed with us, protected a person if they flipped their tubes in the river on a rapid so that the person wouldn't get hit by others. They joked around with my daughters, pointed out wildlife, etc. Absolutely fabulous time with them. For day 2, we just hung out at the hot springs. I would have thought that would have been boring, but the property was so beautiful and had over 25+ springs so wonderfully hidden in little coves of rainforest with beautiful hiking paths there that we were NEVER bored. The monkey slide into the hotsprings was super fast and I think I even heard a little scream come out of my husband as he went down. So as a preference, I don't like zoos. I find them boring. However, this little zoo they had and our guide (who I don't remember his name), was beautifully kept. The animals interacted with us (because of our guide) and we had monkeys trying to take our cameras, jaguars running around the pens and roaring at us, etc. The only animal that didn't interact with us were the sloths. They were sleeping and sleeping and sleeping. We LOVED this place and definitely would like to come here again.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank JanueK
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“So much to do;Great for entire family”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were staying at The Springs so were able to take advantage of Club Rio but even if you are not staying at the hotel, this is a great spot for families. There is so much to do. We did the whitewater tubing which is fine for younger kids and so much fun. We also took the twilight tour. Our guide Jorge was exceptional. We learned so much about the area, the plant life, the animals and the culture. Would highly recommend it. The wild animal sanctuary is amazing for kids and then there is the mountain springs which are beautiful. Highly recommend a visit

Visited March 2014
Northville, Michigan
241 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“So much to do and see!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Horseback riding, wall climbing, rafting, tubing, hiking, nature reserve, biking. . . . What's your pleasure? This and more all here and the guides are outstanding. Did almost all, Oscar and Nonno were especially good, took this novice "pollo grande" horseback rider and made me not only comfortable but feel confident. Great experience.

Visited February 2014