“Simply amazing!!!”

US$195.00*
and up
Outdoor Adventure from La Fortuna
More attraction details
Owner description: Club Rio Outdoor Center at The Springs Resort & Spa offers multiple adventure activities set within a 65 acre rain forest preserve along a private stretch of the Arenal River. Activities include inflatable river kayaking, river tubing, horseback riding, hot springs, climbing wall, hiking trails, nature tours, bird watching, wildlife preserve for rescued animals and a fantastic riverfront restaurant.
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a day of fun up in Arenal that would accommodate all tastes in our five person family. Club Rio NAILED IT! The guides were amazing, the food was good and we had SO MUCH FUN!!! We'd go back in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Rick B
Nichole B, Manager at Club Rio Outdoor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Rick B,

Please come back and visit us! We are so happy we could accomodate your entire family, we try to offer enough activites so that everyone has a good time. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and come back soon! Pura Vida!!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We visited Club Rio at the Springs Resort as part of our honeymoon vacation package setup by AnywhereCostaRica.com.

The Springs Resort is beautiful, and there is a multitude of activities to engage in at Club Rio. But BY FAR our favorite part was the Animal Sanctuary visit! I believe our guide's name was Cristian, and since no other guests were waiting yet we got a private tour of the sanctuary. He was very knowledgeable about all the animals and knew all their names and backstories, you can tell he has a genuine love for the animals. We have some great pics of the monkeys, and we even got to fulfill our dreams of seeing a sloth up close! We can now tell the tales of Mike Tyson and Sara (the resident monkeys), Guapo the mountain cat, and Allen the Toucan :)

The Springs were secluded and romantic as well - you can climb up higher and higher to different springs, it's really a unique experience and so relaxing.

Club Rio was a great addition to our honeymoon!

1  Thank Steph A

Dear Steph A,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are very proud of the rescued animals we have here at Club Rio, and were always happy to share their experiences with our guests. You will have to come back soon to see the new animal exhibits we will be opening!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This place is not a heart pounding and pure excitement adventure. it is an enjoyable experience where you can do several activities in a relaxed environment with entertaining guides. We did the kayaking, river tubing, and the animal sanctuary tour. There is a restaurant with a bar on site, they have lockers, and you can spend a good portion of the day out there and just have fun.

1  Thank dallas1604
Nichole B, Manager at Club Rio Outdoor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear dallas1604,

We are so happy you had a wonderful time here at Club Rio! We try to offer a variety of activities for the whole family, even if you have young children. Next time you come you will have to try the horseback riding and the rock climbing! Thank you so much for visiting! Pura Vida!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I visited Club Rio on our honeymoon and it was amazing! There are a multitude of activities and excursions available to do all from this single location! From rock-climbing to white-water rafting, horse-back riding to hiking you can do it all! We highly recommend visiting Club Rio!

1  Thank Chris P
Nichole B, Manager at Club Rio Outdoor Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Chris P,

Thank you for your kind words! We are so honored you chose to spend part of your honeymoon with us and we hope to see you back again for many more anniversaries and vacations! Congratulations again on your wedding! Pura Vida!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Springs was booked so my family of 5 (3 teenage daughters) had to stay at a different resort, but we elected to spend 2 days at Club Rio. I was concerned that we would get bored, but that was NOT the case. We elected to do horseback riding and river tubing. All of our tour guides were incredibly nice, friendly, helpful..I could go on and on. What we loved about the horseback riding is that there were no "state-side" rules. This means if we wanted to gallop, we did. If we wanted to walk the horses, we did. Our person, and I wish I could remember his name, was fabulous. He used my camera to take pictures, videos of my family during this entire event for FREE; who does that?! We rode through hills, through the rain forest, through a stream. I couldn't believe how great he was to us. Then we went river tubing. My family wasn't thrilled about this choice, but after going through it once, they were all super excited to go again. We had 3 guides, Pablo, Rolando and Roberto. These guys were funny and excellent. They helped us by getting us unstuck, they splashed and played with us, laughed with us, protected a person if they flipped their tubes in the river on a rapid so that the person wouldn't get hit by others. They joked around with my daughters, pointed out wildlife, etc. Absolutely fabulous time with them. For day 2, we just hung out at the hot springs. I would have thought that would have been boring, but the property was so beautiful and had over 25+ springs so wonderfully hidden in little coves of rainforest with beautiful hiking paths there that we were NEVER bored. The monkey slide into the hotsprings was super fast and I think I even heard a little scream come out of my husband as he went down. So as a preference, I don't like zoos. I find them boring. However, this little zoo they had and our guide (who I don't remember his name), was beautifully kept. The animals interacted with us (because of our guide) and we had monkeys trying to take our cameras, jaguars running around the pens and roaring at us, etc. The only animal that didn't interact with us were the sloths. They were sleeping and sleeping and sleeping. We LOVED this place and definitely would like to come here again.

4  Thank JanueK