This place is perfect for anyone wanting extreme spoiling and to get away from it all. Can't believe they have only been open 4 months but I can certainly see why they have skyrocketed to the top of the list.
I stayed in one of the villas - which was so worth it. You have a very private beautifully decorated bungalow with a luxurious bathroom (extra large 2 person indoor rainfall shower and a very large 2 person outdoor rainfall shower courtyard). Including a small fridge and espresso maker. The bedroom flows into a cross between a small seating area/living room with nice sized TV and DVD player. All of this opens onto a very nice size patio with large day bed and private plunge pool which fills with the local mineral springs (not hot but just the right level of warmth). All of this is hidden in beautiful local flora. And through all this flora, there is a view of the Arenal Volcano hidden in mist in the background. It was the perfect balance of privacy vs view. And the mineral springs are blissful after a long day exploring the region.
The restaurant (Amor Loco) is a gastronomic delight and caters to the high end palate. They had a new and interesting spin on all of the dishes I tried. Wonderful service and a relaxing atmosphere with hints of Moroccan decor. The restaurant deserves 5 stars just by itself.
The grounds are maintained immaculately and the level of service is what one would expect of some of the most exclusive hotels around the world. Everywhere you go, the staff goes out of their way to provide whatever you might want.
I can't recommend Nayara Springs highly enough.
There are a few things that one should keep in mind:
1) I did hear people complain about the humidity and rain. Umm - there is a reason it is called RAINforest - the rain is what creates this little paradise so one should assume there will be high humidity and rain.
2) In order to get the lovely views, they have built the hotel on hill making the uphill walks a bit tough so they provide golf carts with driver upon request. These were normally available immediately but during check in and check out times they are in high demand - you might need to wait a while (maybe up to 10 minutes) for a cart. If you can't wait, then make sure to request one ahead of time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 35 villas are 1,500 square feet of pure luxury, romance, and privacy. These villas offer the ultimate experience with a private plunge pool fed by water directly from the volcano which is some of the purest in the world. The room includes complimentary breakfast, minibar, laundry, daily yoga classes and your very own personal host! Nayara Springs is an adult-only luxurious property with many unique and exclusive features. The hotel has two savory restaurants; Amor Loco and Mis Amores. In Amor Loco guests can enjoy gourmet cuisine while sitting by the pool or dining inside with live music seven nights a week. Mis Amores is our casual Italian fare restaurant with a beautiful direct view to the Volcano which is also connected to our new swim-up pool bar Cielito Lindo. Nayara Springs also has its own coffee bar; the coffee is a Nayara Signature that can only be found on property. Guest can also enjoy our open-air yoga pavilion or work on their fitness at our new state-of-the-art-gym. Nayara Springs is connected by two footbridges perched 150 feet high, above the rainforest canopy to our sister property Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Nayara Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nayara Springs Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos