“Warm welcome and good food”

Chifa La Familia Feliz
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dear Friends My name is Martin Gonzales, I am the chef of Chifa la Familia Feliz. This Peruvian restaurant offer you the two main peruvian cuisine: The peruvian Criollo or traditional Cuisine and Chifa. We every dish in the menu we offer a vegetarian option. It will be an honor to have you as guests and to cook for you. We would love if you could do reservation. That way we can make sure you have table waitting for you and give you a quality service. Sincerly yours Jose Martin Gonzales
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We arrived there in the afternoon due to a recommendation. The chef warmly welcomed us as well as he was all the time friendly and concerned about our stay and needs, the small restaurant has a nice atmosphere with a good understanding of how to improve a restaurant by also focusing on little details. The Peruvian as well as the Chinese food was really good and for the town of La Fortuna reasonable priced - so a strong recommendation from my side. And - the Chicha Morada was awesome...

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We were well taken care if my the owner and chef Martin. Very good value and great care, pride in preparation of each dish .

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Spent ten days in Costa Rica with friends, and La Familia Feliz was a spontaneous stop, after we saw their sign. So glad we did, as the food was great, and Martin was very hospitable. The blue corn drink, a specialty, was wonderful. I asked Martin to make us chaufa (a Peruvian rice dish that's a personal favorite), and he didn't disappoint - it was terrific, served with his own twist of fried wonton skins and tamarind sauce. Our friends had the ceviche, which they also gave high marks. Next time I'm in La Fortuna, I'll definitely go back!

2  Thank ANTHONY D
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Oh man. To be honest I was a little sceptic. When we got there the man was like... Can you give me a sec to change my clothes (as no one was there and they were just hanging out) so we were like. Ya sure. We have been in la fortuna for a total of 8 weeks and were not really up for trying something new. But we did. And we didn't regret a thing.
The chef gave recommendations. Spoke English to us gringos
And gave us the weird purple corn drink.

It was all very tasty and overall a nice experience.

I also like how the food was a really good price compared to the "competition" and the rest of overpriced Costa Rica

2  Thank Bryant D
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My friends and I had a fantastic experience eating here. The chef Jose welcomed us and took care of us himself. Everything is freshly prepared and you can tell by the way he talks about his food that it's made with love and care. One of our party has an allergy to eggs and dairy, Jose was more than helpful with suggesting options for him and even brought a separate egg-free version of one of the appetizers that we ordered. The food arrived in good time and everything was delicious. The price was unbelievable too - we ordered appetizers, mains and beverages for three people and came out with a bill under $40. We were so happy we went here, I'll be going back often!

2  Thank rebecca l