“Been there before but won't return again.”
Review of Hotel Villas Vilma

and 1 more site!
Hotel Villas Vilma
Naples, Florida
“Been there before but won't return again.”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Villas Vilma in this same room, several times before and have given it good reviews. However, I cannot recommend it after this recent stay. Upon entering the room the first thing I noticed was a terrible stink. There were no wash cloths. The light bulbs in the entry hall and room were burned out, only the lamps worked.
This trip my wife was with me and I'd told her about this nice little hotel... she looked at me as if I were crazy when we walked in. Our stay was disappointing to say the least.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before you accept it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BandL830

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Francisco, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was at first skeptical of staying at a hotel that was right at the 50% mark for hotels in La Fortuna, My opinion instantly changed when we pulled onto the very well manicured property complete with WIFI, pool and Jacuzzi. Lisa, the property manager was very helpful in getting us settled in with fresh towels, coffee and maps of the area. When we got to the very spacious cabana my appreciation of the room and the price took another giant leap up, two double beds, in room refrigerator, and hot shower along with a magnificent view of the volcano made this an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken M
Grecia, Costa Rica
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We were in town for two nights, and enjoyed our stay. Large, clean room with two double beds. One mattress was hard (which my husband loved) and one softer (which I loved!). Hot water in the shower, Wi-fi, tv. Put in a few decorator items, and it wouldn't be much different than the high priced resort rooms. Pool was really nice- hot tub could have been a little hotter, but it was still nice. Staff was terrific and accommodating. Beautiful landscaping. We really enjoyed sitting on the front porch outside our room in the evening. Would definately recommend, and will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room with two double beds and a small bathroom. Our friends were in a room with a gigantic...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank VickiZ2012
Mexico City
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Villas Vilma offers basic, clean rooms with Wifi, TV, coffee maker and fridge. They have a pool and jacuzzi surrounded by garden which we thoroughly enjoyed and got to see frogs. I thought the jacuzzi was a perfect temperature (not so hot that it's uncomfortable). Being there in early September meant we got the place almost to ourselves. The only thing that would have made it perfect is if they had had one communal computer to use in reception as making plans is a huge pain on a tiny ipod screen. However, the staff were very willing to help us. If I was in the area again, I would definitely return. Seems like it would be perfect for families too. The best value for money in La Fortuna in my opinion.

Room Tip: For me, ther further away from the busy road the better!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gibber16
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Nice quaint villas with beautiful gardens. Excellent view of Volcano. Rooms have air conditioning and wifi. Nothing fancy in the rooms just basic accommodations, with exception of no telephone. However, this is not unusual for local hotels in Costa Rica. The location, view, and gardens is what makes this a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Wasn't looking for luxury, but would have enjoyed a good hot shower.

PRO: cheap $50 night, close to town and food, good view of volcano if it's visible, large room space and easy parking, nice pool setting, good A/C, & mostly charming local staff

CON: internet worked sometimes and never well, jacuzzi was not hot and jets were weak, shower head was poor and water not always hot, small ants in the bathroom, room smelled like urinal cake after they cleaned, they don't take Amex, & one staff member was confusing and unaccommodating, but the rest of the staff were all quite charming

Wouldn't stay here again - wouldn't go to La Fortuna again - too touristy and rainy.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Villas Vilma. This was very reasonably priced and offered the basics.....hot water, A/C, clean linens and wifi. They also had a terrific breakfast deal with the restaurant across the street.....$6 for gallo pinto. I enjoyed the breakfast a lot. The view from the rooms was amazing. All of the cabins had a window facing the volcano and when it was clear out you had a beautiful landscape. The staff was friendly and spoke a bit of English. It would help you a lot if you had an elementary understanding of Spanish. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
JonathanVillegas, Director Comercial at Hotel Villas Vilma, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for your comment!
We are glad to know that you had a good time in our hotel
We wish to host you again in the near future!