“Second time even better”
Review of Hotel Villas Vilma

and 1 more site!
Hotel Villas Vilma
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is my second stay in less than four months and this stay was even nicer than the first. The buildings have been repainted a pallet of brilliant colors, with up grades to the TV's lights. Still a very good place to stay when in La Fortuna.

Room Tip: Rooms 69 & 70 have the best view of the volcano and are farthest from the road.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here 3 nights, December 29-January 1. The grounds are gorgeous. The room is simple and the bed wasn't the best but you really can't beat the value. The breakfast coupon they offered for the place across the street was also a great deal. Very good breakfast and a generous portion.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I booked this room at the last minute for new year's eve and was surprised by the good price ($60). I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The place is beautiful with tropical gardens, huge pool and jacuzzi, and cute bungalows facing the volcano. The rooms are big and clean with two double beds. The bathroom has a spacious shower, towels, soap.

The hotel is very small and not service-oriented but I don't mean this in a bad way. It is a place to stay - a good one and a nice one, but don't expect a concierge service to be available for you.

The location is good too, in between the town of Fortuna and the hot springs and volcano. Would recommend for a short stay for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This little resort is family run. The are great. The pool and spa are wonderful and you are a quick cab ride to the center of town. You are 5 minutes from the hot springs and at the base of the volcano. A family of four has plenty of room inside and out of the room.

Room Tip: Good price and great location, especially if you have a rental car.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The grounds and pool area are beautiful as well as the outside of our room. When we checked in we received our bath towels, upon arriving to our room the bathroom had no hand towels or face clothes or soap!! They gave us a bar of soap after we asked. Also there were hand prints all over the bathroom tiles, not very clean. The beds were very uncomfortable and the sheets too small or something because the sheets immediately came off the bed corners when we got in and no matter what we did they would not stay on!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have stayed at Hotel Villas Vilma in this same room, several times before and have given it good reviews. However, I cannot recommend it after this recent stay. Upon entering the room the first thing I noticed was a terrible stink. There were no wash cloths. The light bulbs in the entry hall and room were burned out, only the lamps worked.
This trip my wife was with me and I'd told her about this nice little hotel... she looked at me as if I were crazy when we walked in. Our stay was disappointing to say the least.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before you accept it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BandL830
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was at first skeptical of staying at a hotel that was right at the 50% mark for hotels in La Fortuna, My opinion instantly changed when we pulled onto the very well manicured property complete with WIFI, pool and Jacuzzi. Lisa, the property manager was very helpful in getting us settled in with fresh towels, coffee and maps of the area. When we got to the very spacious cabana my appreciation of the room and the price took another giant leap up, two double beds, in room refrigerator, and hot shower along with a magnificent view of the volcano made this an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple