Arenal Volcano Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kokoro Arenal(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mountain Paradise(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Hotel Sueno Dorado & Hot Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
1,033 results
All reviewsque ricoarenal volcanocosta ricapool and hot tubdeluxe roomkitchen areahot springsbeautiful viewon site restaurantcomplimentary breakfastloved this hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfulmini fridgeshort drivecoffee makercab ridetown of la fortuna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My better half and I stayed here for 3 nights while in Arenal. The rooms were excellent and very clean. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was yummy every morning. We loved that we could see the the volcano from our room. The best part was the staff. Everyone was friendly, professional, and always willing to help the customers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Akinice
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I came to Arenal for three days so as to whitewater both the Balsa and Sarapiquí rivers. I used Anywhere Costa Rica's travel service to set my trip, and they placed me at Arenal Volcano Inn for the middle portion of my trek through Costa Rica.

On the day the van was transporting me (from Liberia) to the Arenal Volcano Inn for check-in, it happened to be a national holiday that day (presidential election or inauguration, I can't recall which) and the banks were closed, and I was out of cash, so the van's driver stopped in a town roughly 45 minutes from Arenal so I could get some cash from the ATM that sat just oustide the bank. I was in a hurry, screwed up, and left my ATM card in the machine. I didn't notice I had lost it until I arrived at the hotel. I was on day three of an eight day trip through Costa Rica, I had just lost my ATM card, and I had about $60 on me. No bueno! If it wasn't for the Inn's General Manager Caesar, I'd have been screwed. Caesar called the bank's corporate office, and they told him it would take roughly a month before I could receive my ATM card back, even if I came back the next day with my passport. Caesar, Roy, and a beautiful lady who worked the front counter (her name escapes me) aided me as we spent roughly 45 minutes calling any and every Western Union within a two hour drive. Most were no longer operational, despite what Western Union's website said. Thankfully we found one about an hour away in Quesada, at the Maxi Pali (Walmart). Caesar was so cool that he allowed me to ride with his wife and two children up to Quesada to collect the money my family wired me due to my situation. Caesar welcomed me into his home before we left, where I met his family's dog as well. I couldn't have found a better place to stay. They were so helpful and accommodating. And that's just the first few hours I had arrived.

The location was fantastic. The volcano was massive, and in full view from the flarge front window I had in my room. The rooms were awesome (highly energy efficient, but they have flat screen TVs with 60+ channels), the restaurant's breakfast buffet was great (the fresh fruit was unrivaled), and the dinner menu was loaded with options (typical, steak, pizza, etc). I ended up meeting most all of the staff, and I believe most all knew me by my first name in quick order. Everyone was extremely friendly and engaging. The restaurant manager, Raphael, was very cool as well. I was staying there during when Costa Rica's national futbol championship was being played. The staff was highly energized and engaged during this time, and Raphael even gave me his (Viva) Saprissa(!) beer mug to keep and take home with me. It was awesome.

I rarely ever write about my own travel experiences, but the staff at the Arenal Volcano Inn saved me from screwing up my trip, and they were easily the best part of it all. I loved Costa Rica, and I'll come back one day. If and when I do, there's no doubt that Arenal will be a destination and the Arenal Volcano Inn will be where I stay. The staff there went way above and beyond what they needed to do.

Room Tip: I think every room comes with a frontal view of the volcano. I don't know if they have a 'bad' or less desirable room to offer.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms are amazing! The restaurant attached to the lobby (Que Rico) is absolutely great! We spent so much time eating there! The hotel is conveniently close to many excursions and La Fortuna. One of the best parts was waking up and see the Arenal volcano right there out of our window.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ed S
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great rooms (we had the deluxe poolside room). Spacious, clean! Very friendly staff. Very helpful. Great restaurant too. The wood fire pizzas were really good.The hotel is well located between La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano Park.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Wonderful food and accomodations. We were here for a fun day of souvenir shopping and outdoor activities. The hotel provided anything that we needed from great friendly service to cleanliness of our rooms. The breakfast buffet was very good. The scenery was very beautiful and could see the Arenal Volcano right out of our window which was one of the determining factors when choosing this hotel. A couple of friends took the tour with Roy and said it was amazing. I would stay here again if I ever make it to Costa Rica again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends