I stayed at the Arenal Volcano Inn in December 2006. The staff was very nice and the food in the restaurant was great. I didn't LOVE the rooms as others did. I actually found them a bit big and cold. Unfortunately (as I hear is common), it was overcast while I stayed there, so I didn't get to see the lava show. But the area was beautiful, and I was able to see and do many things (canopy, waterfall rappelling, hiking at the National Park).
I took a shuttle from San Jose to Arenal and I got sick on the way there, so for the remainder of my trip, I took flights to my destinations. This is the way to go! A short flight and I was from LaFortuna to Quepos. Another short flight, and I was back in San Jose. I would never do it differently.
When I was booking my trip, I was comparing the Arenal Volcano Inn to the Arenal Springs Inn (a newer property with fewer reviews). I picked the Arenal Volcano Inn because of the great reviews, and while I certainly have nothing BAD to say about the Arenal Volcano Inn, I'm not convinced that I wouldn't stay anywhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Volcano Inn is a 25 room hotel surrounded by exotic gardens that can be admired from the tranquility of your room or by taking a small walk on its natural gardens and trails. Every guest may enjoy the view of the Arenal Volcano from its own terrace. Come visit us and make Arenal Volcano Inn your home while vacationing in Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Arenal Volcano Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Volcano Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Volcano
- Arenal Volcano Inn Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos