Hotel Lavas Tacotal
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Paraiso Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Hotel Kokoro Arenal(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Arenal Volcano Inn(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
Hotel Mountain Paradise(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This was part of an EF package tour so I had no say in the booking. It was mainly average but I found the bed comfy enough. The giant window wall that did not open was kind of problematic esp. with a glass door that also needed to be covered by a curtain. We also did not like the fact that our door had to be locked WITH THE KEY to remain closed. No latch would require you to locate the quickly in an emergency.

We had difficulty adjusting the A/C and when the staff left a window in the bathroom open which we did not see, the A/C was useless.

The view from this hotel was stunning and we spent as much time as possible outside in the very attractive gardens.

Room Tip: Long walk to some rooms
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2012

The view of the volcano is the reason to visit this hotel. The picture is not a lie, and it was awesome one morning we were there. We were fortunate to have one of the cabins so it had a lot of space, it was fairly quiet, and the A/C worked. The kids enjoyed the pool, and the restaurant/bar area was kind of cool with a tiki hut style roof and open air views. The meals were ok, and they had some wifi in the lobby. On the negative side, we had no water pressure in the shower, some friends had no hot water, our refrigerator did not work, and the electric plugs were out on one side of the room. We had a king-size bed, which was great, but it was a little saggy.

Room Tip: The cabins are nicer than the rooms in the hotel section, and further away from the pool may be good for noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2012

There was so much disatification that I'm just going to list the error of this hotel's ways! While giving credit to the few things that were OK. I was traveling for semi-business so this trip was not paid with personal dollars. But I felt so bad ANYBODY had to pay money on this place. Fellow TA Reviewers...trust me...I am very fair and honest! just read my other reviews. Had I not been on a tour with native Spanish speakers I would've been lost because outside of housekeeping staff, no one else was very nice.

The following were OK...
1. Working air conditioning , rooms only
2. Nice housekeeping staff and kept rooms as clean as they could get them

Serious Errors
1. property did not feel secure!
2. Horrible food
3. Wi-fi is ONLY in the lobby...and good luck with consistent connection there! (this is really bad when you're away from family and are trying to communicate via the Internet) I couldn't even FaceTime in the privacy of my room.
4. Rude dining staff and flirtatious lobby staff...professionalism please!
5. Soiled seat cushions in the lobby area
6. Filthy restrooms In the public areas
7. If staying on the lower level, younwill have a store front like glass door that has see thru curtains. So at night, if you have any light on in your room, people passing by WILL see you!
8. You can feel the springs in your bed! When I travel, I expect the same sleep experience or better.

Okay that's it! It's giving me horrid memories of an otherwise fantastic trip! This was one out of 3 hotels I stayed during my 7 day trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor. You will have a bit more privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DivaLadyJ_28
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We booked through Travelocity, which currently only pictures the rooms as cabanas, not the motel at the bottom of the lodge, which I was expecting. The view was great, even with the volcano dormant, and the staff helped us book tours and taxis. The laundry was not on time (and my friend really wanted to wear jeans horse-back riding). All in all, it was good for the money. The beds were comfortable with a mini-fridge. We had a massage at the spa, which was great! I'd definitely go back, but book directly through the hotel to make sure I got a cabana.

Room Tip: Call the hotel during the day.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Don't expect frills or luxury at this hotel, but expect fairly clean rooms and beautiful grounds that can be enjoyed from the porch of your own cabin. I believe there are both regular rooms and individual cabins available at this hotel, though we stayed in one of the cabins. The doors do not seal tightly and there may cracks in the walls that allow bugs and lizards in. It wasn't a huge problem for us, but we kept towels rolled up near any visible openings to the outdoors so we could avoid an issue. We also had some trouble with the key for our door but the staff was glad to help resolve that for us quickly. All in all, I was pleased with the experience for the price we paid. To spend about $80/night, you can't expect much so I was happy to have a clean room, great view of the volcano just outside our door, and easy access to explore the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple