“A great location, friendly staff, comfortable rooms- a great find!”

Hotel Paraiso Tropical
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Hotel Paraiso Tropical
New Mexico
“A great location, friendly staff, comfortable rooms- a great find!”
Reviewed 24 December 2009

I found Hotel Paraiso Tropical to be a great find in the middle of town! I had a room on the upper level, and was able to watch the volcano from the comfort of my rocking chair! The staff was helpful with any questions I had, and spoke good English. My room was comfortable with hot shower, cable TV, large windows, and air conditioning. I even got my laundry done there as well!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo

Business
San Diego
Reviewed 17 October 2009

We LOVED our stay at Hotel Paraiso Tropical last summer for 2 nights, and couldn't have been happier! We arrived in La Fortuna having made reservations elsewhere (do not stay at Posada Roca Virgen- a TOTAL dump, broken toilet in room, dirty/stained sheets, dogs barking all night in the owner's room next door... I'm truly not picky, but that was bad!). After one night at the other place, we were desperate to leave La Fortuna!

Looking for shuttle tickets out of town, I was in the travel-agency lobby of Hotel Paraiso to make bus reservations, and the staff at the service desk asked why I was leaving the area. When they suggested a room at their hotel, I told them I didn't think I could afford it, and they ended up offering to match the same bargain rate I had been paying at the other place. When I saw the room, I was SO surprised! Air conditioning, spotlessly clean everything, super-nice staff from front desk to maids, safe in locked office for our passports, satellite television (which we usually avoid on trips, but it was actually kind of a treat). We were mid-trip by this point, and they did a load of laundry for us inexpensively, with everything coming back fresh and clean and folded.

We ended up staying in town to do some whitewater rafting and spend a day at the hot springs. Then, when we were ready to go, they arranged a private van for us to the coast, for the same price we were going to pay for a shared shuttle.

Everyone we met here was accommodating and friendly, and they went out of their way to be helpful. Looking at a couple of the other reviews, I think they may have meant to post to the pricier Arenal Paraiso Resort, as this hotel does not have cabins or hot springs on site. Instead, it's a lovely little family run hotel right by the Parque Central, convenient to all, and surprisingly we did not hear noise from the busy street out front (perhaps because the guest rooms are behind the office and shops, and the A/C was running). Some rooms even have frig/microwave. We loved being able to walk several blocks in any direction to find coffee and sweet rolls in the morning or dinner and ice cream in the evening. Not a fancy place, but for the price, it can't be beat- we would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
victorville, ca
Reviewed 15 September 2005

The hotel room was nice...two double beds, cable TV, and a nice bathroom and shower. However, the kitchenette was not wonderful. The plug for the refrigerator did not reach the wall socket. I made coffee, but the powdered creamer they provided had turned into a solid mass. That being said, the town of La Fortuna is very charming and the Paraiso Tropical is right in the heart of the town. Very close to restaurants and tour agencies, and in that way very convenient.

3 Thank Christie G