My husband and I stayed at Arenal Kioro in September 2010 as part of a two week tour of Costa Rica. We stayed there for five nights and had a wonderful time. The rooms are spacious and beautiful with the most amazing views. At night we would lay in bed and watch the volcano for the red fire. During the day you could see the full volcano and landscape from the bed as well as the in room hot tub. We got the laundry service after a dirty trip in Corcovado and they did a great job. We also got room service two nights and found the service to be fast and the food was good. Breakfast buffet was delicious as was the lunch menu. Try the farmer's chicken. The restaurant for dinner was also very nice with beautiful views. The hotsprings are relaxing and beautiful. They are private and not crowded with views of the volcano. We received drink service to the hotspings which was also really nice. The grounds themselves are beautiful with lots of colorful flowers and birds. We took advantage of the couples massage which was relaxing and a perfect afternoon after our morning excursion. They have plenty of excursion options. We did the Volcano hike, Horseback Riding to Fortuna waterfall, white water rafting and a hike to Rio Celeste. I highly recommend Rio Celeste. It was beautiful however it was a full hour hike through the rainforest to get there so make sure you have good shoes. The hotel is organized with great service and all staff are friendly and eager to help. I would definitely go back. This was a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer's delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos