This hotel was my first stop in Costa Rica for my honeymoon in Early August 2011. Upon arrival we received a welcome drink which was well deserved after the 2 hour ride from the air port. We stayed for 2 days in room 501. I think its four rooms to a villa. Two at the top and two at the bottom. I read the reviews here and requested a room on the top level. The view here is amazing. The bed is right in front of the volcano. Every time you wake up its in your face. I took the best pictures of the volcano from the hotel room. The people I showed the pictures to said I was way to close :) The room was excellent. Large bed, separate shower and separate toilet area, free wifi, Jacuzzi in the corner of the room with a volcano view. The room also had a separate reading area by the door with a day bed. The grounds are amazing and the hot springs are wonderful. They even have cup holders for your drinks. The pool was nice. Not many people in the hotel so we pretty much had things to our selves. Breakfast was great and included in the room rate. We ate here one night for dinner and the other at Don Ruffinos. The food here is good and priced moderately. If you go to a cheaper place in town you are paying more for your dinner because you have to pay for the two taxis. Overall this was an excellent say.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer's delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos