I recently exchanged "I Do's" standing in the most lovely, beautiful gazebo in front of the amazing Arenal volcano, located at Kioro.. Surrounded by pristine, lush tropical gardens with the sound of the natural hot spring's many waterfalls that are located on the property, in the background.. Words can not describe how special and perfect Kioro made our wedding for us.. I first contacted Kioro about plans for a wedding in December. It was a quick and last minute decision, as my husband and I had originally planned to marry on one of Costa Rica's beautiful beaches..but upon researching La Fortuna and Kioro resort we decided that a small ceremony in front of Arenal would be perfect! Grethel, from guest services took care of all the arrangements and planning. She worked with us and our budget and insured we were able to have our dream wedding, despite the time frame.. She took care of everything! It was completely stress free and everything was scheduled/planned precisely for the big day.. Hair, makeup, photographer, minister, ceremony, and dinner.. Grethel made sure it was all taken care of.. Upon arrival we were greeted like celebrities by staff, received welcome drinks, a complimentary volcano facial and a congratulate bottle of red wine. The rooms were very romantic with an amazing view of the volcano. You could get cozy in your bed or relax in the jacuzzi, all while taking in the best views of the magnificent Arenal volcano. I decided to have a relaxing facial and massage the day before the wedding. The spa at Kioro was very serene and wonderful, they made my complexion glowing and the stress from the trip was nonexistent after my visit. The wedding day began with a gourmet breakfast buffet in Kioro's beautiful dinning hall. We dined on fresh fruit, specially made omelets and fine Costa Rican cuisine while watching the morning mist lift from atop Arenal. On the beautiful walk back to our room from breakfast we saw staff hard at work in the court yard, gardens, dinning room and gazebo preparing for the ceremony & dinner. Grethel had the stylist picked up and brought to our room where she stayed by my side insuring my hair and makeup was done exactly to my specifications. At the same time she was on the phone with the florist making sure delivery of the flowers were on time and once they arrived, Grethel brought the florist to meet me and made sure the flowers were exactly as I had wanted...and of course they were perfect. The florist even prepared my bouquet with a few broaches I had brought, it was beautiful! Shortly after the photographer arrived, we picked out a few spots around San Carlos near the swinging bridges were we wanted to have pictures taken. Grethel made a quick phone call to one of the area parks and had the entrance fee waved, a total of $50. She even made sure that the ceremony would be pushed back and the minister would wait just in case pictures took longer, in which it did! She came along with us and the photographer to help with my train, we took photos on a swinging bridge over the forest canopy and shut down traffic on the Arenal Lake Bridge just so the photographer could get photos of me twirling. Back at the hotel the minister was waiting and the gazebo looked beautiful. The ceromony went perfect and guests kept asking if we were celebrities from all the attention and attentiveness we were receiving from the staff at Kioro. Our romantic dinner was beautiful and delicious with rose petals (matching my floral arrangments) and candles scattered on the floor. It was a perfect stay, so perfect my husband and I decided to extend our honeymoon two more days so we could drive from Tambor and stay 1 more night at the beautiful Kioro resort. Grethel introduced us to the owner and his wife during our return stay, which was a real treat. The detail of our big day was extraordinary and perfect, Kioro made our dream wedding, come true.. The fine staff of Kioro become your friends for life and will make memories you will never forget. This resort is a must for any vaction! You won't regret it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer's delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos