This hotel is luxurious, you can't deny that. We travelled there slightly off peak towards the end of May and the place was virtually empty, which gave it a quite spacious feeling but it was a bit strange being the only people in the hot springs on an evening.
The rooms are well appointed as you would expect for the price, and have stunning views of the volcano (non active side!) when the cloud cover breaks, which it does occasionally. The staff are friendly, as is nearly always the case in Costa Rica and as you would expect waste no time in getting you to sign up to the trips, which are expensive but were worth the money.
There are really only a couple of things to point out to you by way of advice if you are thinking of staying here: firstly, don't eat at the restaurant in the hotel. It's a complete rip off and you will get better food for a third of the price at Don Rufino's or elsewhere in La Fortuna town centre. Secondly, this hotel, by virtue of being close to the volcano, is quite far out (10km) from La Fortuna itself so you will need to get a taxi into town each evening, which we thoroughly recommend doing.
We would probably not stay there again as it was a one-off luxury trip but if you do fancy seeing fireworks from the volcano at night, the arenal observatory lodge is the only property on the right side of the volcano to see this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer's delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos