My husband and I honeymooned in Costa Rica. We arrived at Alrenal Kioro after a 3 hour drive, 2 hour flight, 5 hour layover, 5 hour flight, and 2 hour drive. Needles to say, we were exhausted! We received welcome drinks, and a ride to our room. The room was amazing. It was very spacious and clean. Free Wi-Fi is a great perk. We loved having a hot tub in the room but it seemed to be so full that it overflowed every time we got in it. I wish it had come with operating instructions!
The view from our room was unbeatable. Every room on the property has an unobstructed view of the volcano. The grounds are beautifully maintained. We explored the trails between our room, the pool area and the main restaurant. We had a bit of trouble figuring out the meal schedule. One brochure said the pool area restaurant was open, but when we got there we were sent to the main restaurant. It took us several days to realize breakfast was included.
We felt like we had the entire resort to ourselves. We had the entire pool area to ourselves several times, and always had plenty of privacy in the hot springs.
The food was good, we had some fantastic drinks as well.
We booked 1 excursion through the hotel- the Hanging Bridges tour. I highly recommend it. Their contracted company was very professional and put on a good tour.
We were in Costa Rica for 2 weeks and planned to do a bit of laundry while we were there. We hand't realized there are no public laundromats around. We checked the prices at Arenal Kioro and they seemed a bit high to us. Our next hotel was double the price! Same goes for mailing post cards, Arenal Kioro would mail postcards for you for $1 each, our next hotel was $2! (Luckily we declined, and later learned the mail service is so unreliable it was unlikely our mail would have reached its destination).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer's delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos