Upon arrival we were greeted with a drink of our choice while we checked in. Reception also helped us make a reservation for that afternoon for a volcano hike tour. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and perfectly manicured. Our room was huge and beautiful. Foyer area with couch/day bed and desk, main area with 2 queen (or full) beds, couches, TV tables, and an amazing view of the Arenal Volcano from the beds when you open the curtains. 2 areas for the bathroom- one with toilet and sinks, other with shower. Also had jacuzzi with a view of the volcano. Before our volcano tour grabbed a quick bite at the poolside restaurant. Food was simple, yet good and again the view of the volcano by the pool was amazing. Staff members are always friendly and willing to help. After volcano tour took a dip in the hot springs. I love how the hot springs are set up. Plenty of smaller springs so you can have privacy, but connected so you can get around easily. Dinner was next at their more formal restaurant. Food was delicious and service was great. Same for the breakfast buffet in the morning- plentiful with all the fixings- American and Costa Rican breakfast.
Due to time constraints of my trip there I was able to take advantage of the free massage/mud mask they offered. I'm sure the hotel had plenty more to offer, but I just didn't have time to experience it all. Would definitely want to come back and would absolutely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer's delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos