On my business trips to La Fortuna/Arenal a regular stop is at one of the hot spring facilities after dinner. Knowing Baldi since 11 years (and witnessing the continuous decline in attractivity, service quality and tranquility) and skipping Tabacon because of the ridiculous price management I switched to Ecothermales (which I still recommend!). My last trip in March offered a new experience: I detected Titoku ("Water from the Gods") hot springs. It is run by Hotel Kioro but open to the general public as well. I called reservation ahead (excellent attention by Giselle Urbina) and booked the 5:00 pm to 8:00pm night session. I was charged $ 24 and this included entrance, towel and locker (excellent value!!). Service was fast, effective and friendly. No waiting lines and 5 min later I was soaking in the hot tubs. The design is a cascade-like line of 8 pools descending organically down the slope. The thermal water is quite hot in the first pool on top of the cascade but becomes very enjoyable once you descend to the lower pools. I was pretty much by myself the whole time and had a very relaxing moment. Soft illumination of the pools and the surrounding tropical vegetation is adding to the magical touch of the place. Great place and definitively worth checking-out.
Downside: the location next to Baldi spoils a little bit the tranquility of the place because the sonic contamination from Baldi's mega sound equipment is unavoidable. And the place could be a bit more spacious. It is quite narrow from the top to the bottom.
Overall a very pleasant addition to the Arenal hot springs industry and highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Kioro offers a fabulous place with a natural viewpoint to the Arenal Volcano. The hotel has 27 acres of undulating land, surrounded by two streams (La Palma and Kioro) with crystalline waters that begin to flow in the Arenal Volcano National Park. It has two paths where plant species are identified. Besides, private thermal springs for our customer's delight. All our suites have:Two terraces with the best panoramic volcano and mountain view, hydro-massage, air conditioning, safe deposit box, minibar, coffee maker, hot water, direct dialing telephone, satellite television, hair dryer, key card, safety locks, internet connections. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Kioro Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos