We were told that we would have a 30% chance of seeing Arenal volcano, due to cloud cover- we were so pleasantly surprised to be able to enjoy the view both days we stayed here. The individual cabins all face the volcano- great design, made even better by rocking chairs on the verandas to enjoy the view. The cabin we were in was bright, very clean, and the air conditioning was an added bonus( our previous two accommodations in CR were cooled by fans and open windows!) I really liked the shower turned into a grotto with rock walls and living plants- how tropical!
The grounds were amazing- extremely well kept, tons of flowering trees and bushes and many kinds of exotic fruits growing everywhere. We spotted dozens of bird species, basilisks and even a raccoon while there. The pools were awesome- it was a great experience to sit under the hot waterfall while sipping on cocktails! We also took advantage of a very reasonably priced couple's massage- the ladies were professional and very thorough.
The staff were very helpful( always offering a lift on the motorized golf carts that they use to traverse the property) and we received added touches like a warm washcloth upon arrival to wipe our faces with and a beautiful fruit tray in our room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Arenal Springs is located just 5 miles away from la Fortuna town toward the Arenal Volcano or National Park. We are located between La Fortuna town and the Arenal Lake.The Hotel count with 87 Junior Suites and 3 Master Suites King and 3 Master Suites Queen with direct view to the Arenal Volcano. Each room are surrounding with exotic gardens, beautiful flowers and many species of birds. These rooms offer either a king size bed or two double beds. Also we provide rooms with handicap access and adjoining rooms for families who want stay together.Our hotel offers you 2 swimming pools and a Thermal river.Hotel Arenal Springs Resort offers on each Junior Suite the best amenities for your comfort. King Bed or Two queen beds, Hair dryer, Cable TV, Mini bar, Free Wi-Fi Internet access, Air Conditioning, Ceiling fan, Laundry Bag, Telephone, Safe deposit box, Coffee Maker free coffee and tea), Bath amenities, Private bath with tropical garden, hot water, Private terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Arenal Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Springs Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Arenal Springs
- Arenal Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos